My 60 1/2 pickup build

Hi John. That engine that is on your first page is just beautiful! What color red did you use? The rest of your build looks just as nice. What a great job!

Thanks Keith! The red is a rattlecan from duplicolor. Red #de1653. Engine enamel with ceramic. Easy to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello John. Great looking Truck! You did a Freakin GREAT JOB!! So Nice! Pivnic

Thanks John! This is the really fun part(except for the glass which is a pain in the neck). At least my hands are staying clean[emoji3]

4d78ebc3d28acc3ad6b652806c64c27c.jpg
. I decided to go with the split windshield instead of the single piece. Thanks to the forum it actually was pretty easy. With the help of my 16, 14 and 11 year old daughters. I only swore twice. Mildly[emoji3].
7f1f06527fedbea7ed0a6a00b4d8199e.jpg

1cdad2509b8104aaabcbf9245f92f365.jpg
11976add0a5412700eb0f7f24177c861.jpg
. Just about done with the interior. Had some problems with the door windows not fitting properly until Carl Walck nicely informed me I had them in “sideways”. Just waiting for the front clip to come back from paint[emoji3]

Purdy..............Nicer than new...........Interiors like this give me something to shoot for........

John,

Any new progress to report on the Truck? I finally had a chance to read through your build thread and would like to pick you brain on a few things if you don't mind sharing. Boy does she look sharp with that new paint and everything coming together!

Dale
I sent you a PM on paint codes and stainless repair. I'm getting my front clip back from paint within 2 weeks. During all this waiting I've tackled a few projects. I started reading on heater issues and realized i'd never done a pressure test on my heater core. So I took it out, rigged up a primitive pressure apparatus and realized I could now use my core as a sprinkler in the front yard! I found another heater in good shape on the forum(thanks Rick) and it was perfect with no leaks. If it hadn't been for the forum, I would have had quite the mess in my truck on first heater startup! I then rebuilt my carburetor as well as a spare one I found on Ebay. I'm just killing time now. Ive bled my brakes 3 different times, readjusted my steering twice, worked the kinks out of my horn button, gonna weld in a new hood spring mechanism... etc. etc.. I cant wait to get this on the road!

Last edited:
John - Cheever's radiator in old Olathe is great at fixing old radiators and heater cores. its been a few years but they have done quite a few for me.

c0ffa70973ab8158354104aa7cc5e7a3.jpg
. You're right, I think the wires got pulled. I found this picture on the web. Thanks for your help. I'll tear it apart and rewire it

Funny, this picture is of my hand holding the new blower motor we put in my son's Studebaker lark... :)

Pete

John,

Any new progress to report on the Truck? I finally had a chance to read through your build thread and would like to pick you brain on a few things if you don't mind sharing. Boy does she look sharp with that new paint and everything coming together!

30b06397d61359a1532cb547d2b70cc9.jpg

Dale, Here are the paint samples I used. My painter used the chips for matching rather than the codes. John

Thank you John. Do you happen to have the mixture combo/brand of paint he used? Would you be willing to sell or loan the paint chip sheet? I have never seen one with both of the colors I want.

Thank you John. Do you happen to have the mixture combo/brand of paint he used? Would you be willing to sell or loan the paint chip sheet? I have never seen one with both of the colors I want.

Dale
I sent my painter a PM to get that information. I’d be happy to lend you my paint chip sheet and I have a couple large paint samples from my truck. John

Back