What else do you work on?

You may be interested in taking a jeep ride along the historic Applegate wagon trail. I’ve been on the section between I-80 in Nevada and Cedarville CA. 180 miles of nothing but desert and history. Trails West has put up many markers and you can also order a guidebook from them.

There has been 3 of us that have taken it that I know of. @elminero67 @Lookout Ranch and myself. I don’t think any of us were disappointed.
I have not been on that trail or ever heard of it. Yes, it looks like a great trip. One to add to the "bucket".

I inspect and repair septic systems (Licensed Ma. Title 5 inspector). When not doing that I keep up my line of equipment. Cat D3B, Woodmizer, 555B, 4610, and some trucks. And cleaning up my brothers yard. Sadly I have no time to work on the farm beater, a '45 MB.

We just donated a FWD airport crane to the Seagraves Museum in Wisconsin. They have yet to pick it up. FWD and Seagraves same business.

As an aside, does anybody need to move anything heavy from the upper midwest to New England area? We could use a backhaul. it's a lowbed move. 20,000 lbs.

OOPs my 4610 got stolen, now I have the bigger 6610.
diggerG

Last edited:
View attachment 128590The other things I work on are not of this Century. I built this portable blacksmith forge and build 18th century items for Washington Crossing Historic Park View attachment 128589View attachment 128591View attachment 128592
I'd love to go there. The guys from my Town (Wrentham Ma.) crossed with Washington and participated in the Battle of Trenton. Our Capt. Oliver Pond was commended for his work there by Washington himself. I believe we were part of the Left Flank. His descendents donated his captured Hession helmet to the Smithsonian. It's the best one in existence.
diggerG (Greg)

I'd love to go there. The guys from my Town (Wrentham Ma.) crossed with Washington and participated in the Battle of Trenton. Our Capt. Oliver Pond was commended for his work there by Washington himself. I believe we were part of the Left Flank. His descendents donated his captured Hession helmet to the Smithsonian. It's the best one in existence.
diggerG (Greg)
Marbleheader’s There is a local and a Mass group that cross. Love them in there tar hats.

I found another picture of the Cummins Dependable Diesel Roadster. Leading the Dutch Flat 4th of July Parade.
34372_1371063797500_6207213_n.jpg

Pumpkin carving with Grand Pa. @rocket And our youngest Grand Daughter Makayla
311859371_10229172087912621_6308647888502859939_n.jpg

The Three Little Pumpkins. Papa Pumpkin, Moma Pumpkin, and Baby Pumpkin. Fresh out of our Garden.
IMG_20221030_203634937.jpg
My Son's Star Wars Battle Pumpkin.
311982176_10229172086072575_6883124092495380389_n.jpg

311926916_10229172086752592_7034722610562921025_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! The Star Wars pumpkin looks amazing! Your granddaughter will certainly have some great memories in her future.
Working on pumpkins this week Rodney??? Very Nice.

This week I taught my godson's son (Little Greg) how to swing a 9# hammer splitting wood. He's 8th grade and 5'9". He loved it, did surprisingly good, meaning he didn't break the wooden handle.
I was very proud.
diggerG (Big Greg)

Greets Y'all.
I have been involved in a "Do-Over" refurbishing of my '78 Ford E250 Chateau Wagon (window van) which I converted to 4x4 in 1993.
The 'do-over' was begun in August of 2020 and I have been giving it TLC and $$$ ever since.
In 1998 I accepted a State job with the California transportation Dept. as one of their Land Surveyors, so the Van spent 6-years on the Pacific Coast in Eureka and Fortuna, Ca., which turned the underside Brown. Yukko surface rust everywhere even grew on the paint w bleed-over.

Anyhoo's, I spent the fall of 2020 on my back meticulously cleaning and prepping for fresh Dupont overhaul (Krylon & Rustoleum).
When my wife was 16 her dad asked her what occupation sounded good for her. She responded quickly with "the life of a hooker sounds comfy working on my back all day." That about put her dad in cardiac arrest. So she reminded him she was just teasing. :)

With many patient hours of sanding, brushing and sandblasting, I completed 80% of the underbody and chassis in 2020.
That left moving into the engine compartment next where I discovered brushing on new paint was much better than attempting to mask and cover items prior to spraying fresh paint.

For 2022 progress, I have been working on mechanical gremlins one at a time.
The list of items I've replaced keeps Growing. _ _ _ _ fuel system, brake system, drive train, cooling system, etc.

Two weeks ago I finally did finish detailing the underside of the engine in Rustoleum "royal-blue" brush-on.

IMG_6365.jpg
By the way, the front springs, shackles and frame brackets were sourced from a late '70's Full Sized Jeep Cherokee.
Now, with the engine and chassis components painted, I could then mount the front driveline.

IMG_6506 (3).jpg
Last item to complete the underside was my Candy Striped front propeller shaft.
If you look closely at the blue crossmember mount where it bolts to the chassis rail, it is tapered to slide up and over lava rocks. Yep.

IMG_9465.JPG
The rear driveline got re-tubed as a result of "Operator-Confidence" and tagged a large lava obstacle on my favorite local trail.
The kids had asked me which way I would tackle the boulder, and I told the kids "Straight-up=the-Middle", which worked, but the tube tagged the boulder for about a 16-inch length putting a long spiral crease in the tube kinking it. _ _ _ Fun costs $$$. the re-tube was $160.

IMG_8580.jpg
Above photo showing underside of my E250 series Bus (not schoolbus). It has a 9800-lb GVWR. Fuel tanks are removed in this shot.
In the background is my trusty gas powered (Predator - honda clone) wood splitter. :)

Back