What else do you work on?

That goes beyond just restoration, it borders on artistry. I especially like the
period coins in post #65.
Thank You for the kind words, it's a passion of mine and hard to look at as work. The one I'm restoring for myself right now goes way beyond a restoration, I'm trying to make every single part a work of art. No one would ever pay me for the time I've been able to put into this one. It'll be one of a kind.IMG_7665.JPGIMG_7731.JPG

Who designed those things!!!o_O
Basic but beautiful machines like this were made before 3 reel slot machine were invented but, the first 3 reel slot machine was invented by Charles Fey in 1894. It was called the liberty bell. Then, just like everything else, they kept improving them to keep them running for their customers. A broken machine makes no money and, if enough of them break, the consumer would buy a different brand.

Attachments

• IMG_1543 (1).JPG
    IMG_1543 (1).JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 13
Well these things British things just seem to find me. 1958 Morris minor Traveler 1952 Morris Minor convertible 1952 Singer 4ad Oh, and there is another 1959 Morris Minor 2 door coupe out of the frame.

Attachments

• IMG_20221019_073028.jpg
    IMG_20221019_073028.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 17
Lawn mowers, waverunners and boats seem to keep me occupied. i winterized the RV, two waverunners and our boat last week in preparation of the cold snap we just had. I also have a small wood shop I piddle in. I’ve been making pens on my lathe, lately.

Sweet! Love it. I'm part of a local western reenactment group and hold shoot outs and comedy skits. Here I am working a local parade. I'm the sheriff walking.

View attachment 128599
You may be interested in taking a jeep ride along the historic Applegate wagon trail. I’ve been on the section between I-80 in Nevada and Cedarville CA. 180 miles of nothing but desert and history. Trails West has put up many markers and you can also order a guidebook from them.

There has been 3 of us that have taken it that I know of. @elminero67 @Lookout Ranch and myself. I don’t think any of us were disappointed.

Back