6 Cylinder Cummins Power '49 Pickup

Google "windshield washer tube bulkhead fitting" I found some slick ones on ebay that attach to hose on both sides. They are 90 degree ones. Planning to run a nozzle on the wiper arms like them modern trucks we tend to drive everyday. They were less than $15 a pair.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Google "windshield washer tube bulkhead fitting" I found some slick ones on ebay that attach to hose on both sides. They are 90 degree ones. Planning to run a nozzle on the wiper arms like them modern trucks we tend to drive everyday. They were less than $15 a pair.
They should be adjustable if not mounted on the wiper arm. I found a set like mine on there. Apparently they are also used on '53-'62 corvettes. The guy wants $69.00. Eckler's Corvette has them for $21.00. Mine do tend to spray a stream rather than a fan pattern though.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the next installment. That is an extremely well put together truck

Not a whole lot of excitement going on as of late. Gearing up to media blast her with some crushed glass, do some body work, and finally do the paint. Anyone willing to drive to Yakima to help out with some body work? Lol

On another note. I want to be able to haul my dirtbike in the bed. Any Ideas for tie down points?...

Last edited:
So for now I just hooked the straps through the ends of the tubes.

Bikes fit perfect.

D009766F-A7B1-4F0A-832C-A8496E7578EA_zpswu0difw5.jpg

7201B74B-5758-43A2-BB1F-C9580E032DA9_zpsxglufpmg.jpg

I'm trying to keep the bed as wide as possible. 48" is very convenient. Lol. I also made my new bed out of 14ga so it's a decent amount stronger than stock. Those do look really handy though!

I think I'm just going to run some recessed d ring type anchors in the floor. I'll run big metal backers on them to
make sure they don't pull through.

nice build!!
and sorry if i missed this but what tire size did you end up going with?

nice build!!
and sorry if i missed this but what tire size did you end up going with?

Thanks. Very early pictures show the truck on 32" rollers at first. Then I put some 37.5" KM2s on it and those were on for most of the build up till about October 2016 I believe. I was chewing through them too quick on the road with the posi rear and all the power. They are pretty soft and weren't really the proper load range for this truck. Now I have some 35" Cooper All terrains on there. Personally I think it really tamed down the look of the truck and I don't think I like them. They are quite, but the lack of any lug on the sidewall makes them look really lame. If I had the money to spend (which I don't lol) I would probably buy some 37" KM1s or something similar to put on it.

So I haven't gotten a whole lot done with the Willys lately. I've been wanting to work on the fuel delivery system for a while now. Because of how shallow and wide my tank is, I have a huge problem sucking air whenever I get down to 1/2 a tank. So to help remedy the issue I made this bolt in sump out of stainless that also has a simple baffle network, better than nothing anyways... I also ran 1/2" ID Line from the tank to the modified mechanical lift pump running the comp cams upgraded spring.

E3A58242-81FA-424E-B54F-05172817AA8C_zpsh8eiqutk.jpg

3C2DB1D1-74A2-4151-9696-439D3DCEFC5B_zps5iy2mtfe.jpg

9769DBEE-FF1D-4859-8205-3560151D51F8_zpsxflcp7ms.jpg

B4330DE7-89FD-4376-BCDE-637D82E8DB72_zpsq9pzjtkc.jpg

C7A709E1-1E67-4B52-A962-F96F6571D2ED_zpsozxrepd7.jpg

When you have access to a laser and part of your building is rented out to a tire store, you can easily make your own gaskets....
2A675F22-33BA-4882-8B42-A32E46611FE5_zpsnc0fxrcq.jpg

Of course the tank is upside-down in this picture.
FB4D9E55-A333-4024-9A3B-8038406F89AE_zpsees59d7b.jpg

It's not the prettiest but overall I am pretty impressed with it. I have a little less than 1/4 tank right now and on the drive home I was really hard on it: quick braking, WOT pulls, drifting around corners... I removed the wood out of my bed and ran a clear return line so I could watch for bubbles. I only got aeration one time when I came around a left corner, oversteered, and then jerked back. I feel like I gained some mid/high range power too. I think the 1/2" line is helping to keep the fuel pressure around 55psi (where I have my Watts valve set on the return line). I didn't have my gauge hooked up but before when it was sucking out of a straw, I could get that gauge down to 12psi on a WOT pull.

Thanks. I'm having a little trouble with the KTM, it will randomly not want to cold start; pull start it and it fires right up. I can even kill it right after it fires and then kick start it immediately without problem before warm. Its just that first fire. I have gone through everything on the carb, adjusted the valves, and whatnot; I am 99% certain that I have a failing stator and they are freakin expensive!

Thanks. I'm having a little trouble with the KTM, it will randomly not want to cold start; pull start it and it fires right up. I can even kill it right after it fires and then kick start it immediately without problem before warm. Its just that first fire. I have gone through everything on the carb, adjusted the valves, and whatnot; I am 99% certain that I have a failing stator and they are freakin expensive!

It's hard to be exact with the aftermarket graphics you have but I would guess your bike is a 94-97 LC4 motor. If so, this isn't a bad deal. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Procom-Elec...4-High-Power-3-Phase-P-N-Esg148-/332227551474

The owner of the White Beast also rides a 2014 KTM Duke 690 with rear case IMG_20170209_140535989.jpg....he rides it twice a week Mon and Wed when he goes out and does volunteer work at a homeless soup kitchen.

as you can see in the pic we have the fuel cell out to replace the low pressure 30 GPM fuel pump with a high pressure 68 psi pump

truck would start and idle and run just fine up to about 1/2 throttle then it would get real hestiant and stumble and sputter and nearly stall especially if you stepped on it. When sitting at a light and then get on it WOT truck would stumble cough and jerk and 3 second later pickup again and take off

if you accelerated normally like a white man truck ran perfectly fine it was driving owner crazy not having WOT or any power above 1/2 throttle

took TBI injectors out had them cleaned and flow tested replace the O2 sensor and the MAP sensor all of which helped 80% but as soon as we changed the Fuel pump and installed a pressure gauge at TBI manifold to monitor pressure going in .....good grief..... what a difference ... night/day! seems we had a fuel delivery problem feeding the big 454

Now the truck runs better than it ever did!..with that high pressure pump you so much as touch the throttle the truck takes off like a fruck starved jackrabbit!

so now am thinking bout doing same thing to my SBC 350 that has same TBI setup see if that has same results.

Larry

Oh. I forgot to mention how I almost didn't make it to the Diesel Drags the other night... on the way home from work to pick up the wife and head out I pulled a grade at WOT and 85psi for a few seconds and all of a sudden I heard a shotgun go off from under the hood!

E367E281-C7E9-4CAE-8D97-B795D9C8AB7E_zpsj0y2dwzz.jpg

Back