Feb 2, 2018
Arkansas
First Name
Denver
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
I recently purchased a new set of wood slats for the cargo area of my wagon. To my surprise they did not come pre-drilled. The excuse given was not every wagon has the same mounting dimensions.
Could someone please supply me instructions and/or diagrams to assist me in the drilling and installation of my new wood? I do have a few of the old slats, but not a full set.
Any help would be much appreciated.
-Denver9

Wow! That is a bad excuse for sure. Didn't want all the extra labor is the real reason. The screw holes have a lot of clearance IIRC. It would be easy enough to measure or make a cardboard template, but a little time consuming.

I think the original slats in my wagon are cardboard and glued down. (After posting this, I realized it's because I have carpet in the back.)

Last edited:
the attached has the measurements for all of the holes.

Not sure how this happened, but when I open your attachments they end up being something from my own files??? ie: copies of my own auto insurance cards

it's a standard adobe pdf file.

Yes, IT IS a standard PDF file, but when I try to open it, it brings up some of my OWN PDF files, taken from my own hard drive. What is going on here??
-Denver9

Denver, not sure.
if everyone else had this issue I would say a corrupted file. I actually downloaded it and re-opened with no issue on another laptop just to be safe. the file was originally a powerpoint that I printed to a pdf. what happens if you simply open adobe reader on your computer without trying to open a specific file, what does it do? I would guess you have something unique in your adobe setup that opens files in a specific folder.
Did anyone else have this issue?

I can open it no problem. Thanks Greg. A PO painted the wood slats in my Traveller with silver spray paint. Sweet!
some plastic to put down on the floor, a package each of #O and #OOOO steel wool and a quart of CITRISTRIP will get those cleaned right up.
my originals were gooped up with something slathered on top of overspray, etc. once i had them stripped down, i cleaned them again with mineral spirits, let that dry and then brushed minwax spar on with a .99 chippy brush. i immediately came behind this with a clean cotton cloth (t-shirt) and wiped said poly off. did the brush on/wipe off another 3 times (allowing proper drying time in between) and they were done. an easy, light weekend project.

Bringing back an OLD thread. I'm installing the wood slat kit from Kaiser (like the original poster) and am finding the PDF attached very useful. I've found the collars for my screws provided in the kit are SLIGHTLY wider than the groove. Do you grind the edges slightly or just screw them down and let them cut into the wood slat edges a bit?

This is what I’m talking about. This can’t be right, can it?!?

Attachments

• F473B0D0-D092-43AB-AD7D-9CA95745807D.jpeg
    F473B0D0-D092-43AB-AD7D-9CA95745807D.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 49
  • F6DFA9CF-AD9E-4F76-9276-7C7A3CFD6382.jpeg
    F6DFA9CF-AD9E-4F76-9276-7C7A3CFD6382.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 48
Back