Willys PU at work

wally72

Bigger Hammer
Feb 21, 2010
Indiana
Willys Model
Willys Year:
Thought you guys might like to see some pix of my '55 PU at work, the old girl hauls a pretty good load.

Attachments

• DSCN0332.JPG
    DSCN0332.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCN0333.JPG
    DSCN0333.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 141
That's putting her to work...but you should be babying her....I like it however...you can drop that load off at my place...I have the cold beer... :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

A cord of dried tightly stacked hardwood,8 foot long,4 foot high and 4 foor wide weighs about 2500 pounts.I don't know what wood that is but it's a good load.Someting neat about an old truck working,the howl of the gears and the metallic hiss of an old engine.

That's what they were made for!!! From the looks of the clearance you've got between the top of the rear tire and the bottom of the fender you could have doubled the load and not busted a spring!! Wouldn't try it though---that truck's too nice.

Old Willy

Bill, that's exactly what I like to see. It's in it's element and a fine example of why these trucks are so neat. I can't wait to get mine back on the road and put it to work on the camping trails.
Good on ya.
Steve

I maybe sick but one thing I really love about older trucks (Willys trucks)...the smell of the exhaust...since the invention of the EPA the US auto makers have had to keep making their stuff run cleaner and cleaner all the time....that "Cat" smell they we all smell doesnt really do much for me (the new trucks even sound different now...that "Cat" sound)....but when I run my old truck..the exhaust fumes coming out of the pipe just takes me back to the mid 1960's and me and my Dad riding to a job site...or the local parts store...
just my 2 cents...

mikec

Geeeze Mike, you sniffin' exhaust fumes, or what? :lol:

Yeh, I know what ya mean. I also remember as a small kid - sticking my nose out the window when Mom was filling up the fuel tank. That was a good smell too. Now I hold my breath. ;)

Back