May 31, 2016
Dallas
First Name
Chase
Willys Model
CJ
Willys Year:
1946, 1947
I see the value of cj2's all over the place. I have had a hard time finding one in the condition of what I have. If anyone could tell me the potential value so I might know when putting money into it. I have a cj2 46 with almost all original parts. It has a car craft top that always been on it. The body has original paint no chipping or rust to speak of. Original seats that look great. Engine is original and has had limited bandaid fixes. When I see others posted they say original then the thing is covered with rust or has been really redone. This only has about 11000 miles on it and probably only on its 3-4 set of tires. Always kept inside, light mudding, and if it was rained on it was being driven back inside. I really can't stress how original and in great shape it is in. Here's the problems. Need to be gotten running been about 7 years but it's been inside. So new breaks, ignition system, fuel system carb,new gas tank. That's should be what it needs to run. Might find it needs a clutch or something but still that's about all. Anyone know the value of it or have questions to help determine value?

Thank you

diggerG

Well Oiled
Oct 2, 2011
Wrentham Ma.
First Name
Greg
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Chase
Welcome to the Forum. A CJ2A is worth whatever you can get for it, I guess. I'll also guess that it's worth a pile more $$$$ if it runs, drives, starts and STOPS!!! In fact, if it does all those things you just may get infected with Willys Flu, the only cure is a daily dose of the only antidote, being walking unto it, starting it up, and driving it anywhere, and then back home. You can do it alone, or with friends and family. You can drive it through a mud hole, then park it at the end of your driveway, and watch men stop in the middle of the road and gawk at it, while their wives bark at them "DON'T YOU DARE!!", and they meekly drive away. When you are at a party and a bunch of men are bragging about their "man-caves" with custom made bar, golf memorabilia on the wall, entertainment center, a wood stove they barely know how to operate, pool table and a Jeep grille on the wall, You can say: "I've got a Jeep grille too, with lights that light up, attached to the rest of the Jeep. Wanna pop a few and drive it through the swamp around midnight?"
These men turn into mice.
diggerG

johnrb3b

No such thing as too many Jeeps
All-Star
May 19, 2011
west suburbs of Chicago
First Name
John
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Pictures are mandatory.
Without pics we can't give you anything more than general advice.

If it's truly free of major rust and, as Digger says, runs, drives and STOPS, it's worth a few thousand to someone.
I've been very lucky and paid below "market value" (whatever that is) for two of my three old Willys.
The third, I paid a fair market price. I drove all three home.
If it has to be trailered home, then it needs work and the price is lower.
Yours sounds like it could be in really good shape. Show us lots of pics and we'll help you value it as much as possible.

dahreno

Well Oiled
Mar 21, 2012
Reno
First Name
Dave
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Go to ewillys.com and see what others are going for

diggerG

Well Oiled
Oct 2, 2011
Wrentham Ma.
First Name
Greg
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Oh, by the way Chase, I forgot to mention, legal title of ownership and matching numbers are very important and will boost the price up a lot.
diggerG