What is on your Moab To-Do list?

Pete

Founder/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 17, 2009
8,001
Hailey, Idaho
First Name
Pete
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
Looking for inspiration and co-miseration to get my wagon ready for Moab in May...

I had big plans for the wagon, but it's looking like I will just be doing the necessities for the trip...

On my list:

  • Install new used balancer/bottom pulley.
    Install new temp and fuel gauges. Find the correct sender for the temp gauge.
    Finish my front seat belt install. Drivers side done, passenger to do.
    Install new bleeder screw and bleed front brakes.
    Install new exhaust manifold to pipe gasket to eliminate the leak and killer fumes.
    Replace tie-rod ends and get an alignment.
    Re-wire right tail/stop light.
    Install cig-lighter outlet to charge phone.
    Pull driver door latch guts and window crank bits to clean and lube to they work like they should.
    Install dynamat on firewall.
    Buy new spare tire, the one that's there looks 60 years old.
    Try and seal some of the water leaks...
    Go through the heater box and see why it won't put out any heat. Full of mud-dobbers methinks.
The Wish list (won't happen by May):

  • New springs
    New 11" front brakes
    Alternator
    Wire Harness
    Replace front and rear axles
    New Tires


What's on your list?
:cheers:
 
Longer than I should list on here!!!!!

Working very hard to get it driving to get there....

Eric
 
A to-do-list you say...a friggen list?... got nothing to do but finish it :lol: ...glass, rubber, carb, wiring, seats, brake lines, paint....but I'm getting closer to riding...and that's super. My list doesn't have an end, just add on's and more add on's.
Folks .....Keep at it!
 
Check-list:
1. Gloom
2. Dispare
3. Agony on me...

No, I don't get to go to MOAB. You all just inspired me to sing. Hee hee, he hee hee haw. Hee Hawwwww!!
Sad, ain't it?
Ok, enuff of that. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of all these wagons on their way to MOAB, so get lists checked on, guys! :)
Steve
 
62 OlllO said:
A to-do-list you say...a friggen list?... got nothing to do but finish it :lol: ...glass, rubber, carb, wiring, seats, brake lines, paint....

Kevin, you and Eric are in a completely different league than I with your projects... I bought a running wagon because I knew that it would take me ten years to accomplish what you have in a very short time frame.

Unfortunately, I bought more than I bargained for, in terms of stuff to get done. Hoping my wagon will make the day trip in Moab without a failure... You have a strap don't you... :lol:

:cheers:

Pete
 
I'm all but done with the first item on the list, "collect as many parts as you find find so that hopefully you'll have almost everything when you actually get started"... lol

I'm just hoping the tradition continues a few more years so I can eventually make the trip.
 
maps_end said:
I'm all but done with the first item on the list, "collect as many parts as you find find so that hopefully you'll have almost everything when you actually get started"... lol

I'm just hoping the tradition continues a few more years so I can eventually make the trip.

This is where I am at as well. You folks that are going will need to post many pictures of the adventure, both there and on the way there and back so that the rest of us can live vicariously through you.

Thanks in advance for the thrills,
 
Decided to pull the trigger on springs since the shipping was free... bought springs, shackles, shackle pins, shackle pin bushings, spring mount plates, ubolts, and shocks. For both front and rear. My old springs have a reverse arch to them, so they don't do much... can't wait to get the new stuff :thumbupleft:

Might be putting them on in the KOA in Moab... :lol: bring your tools :cheers:

Pete
 
I wish i could join you in Moab, my wallet is almost empty but maybe next year...
 
Pete,

There are gonna be a bunch of guys and gals around that are gonna try to clean up for 1 weekend. I am sure there will plenty of tools around with all the old steel that will be there too. Not to mention a group of folks with an itch tDon'to take something apart and get dirty just because feeling clean is not normal.

I'll make sure to bring the 4 jack stands, floor jack, and breaker bar. 120 V welder might come too if you feel the need. Just depends on what trailer I end up bringing.
2 options
open car hauler- no welder
20' closed car hauler- welder

Eric

:beer: Regardless of trailer
 
Eric B said:
Pete,

There are gonna be a bunch of guys and gals around that are gonna try to clean up for 1 weekend. I am sure there will plenty of tools around with all the old steel that will be there too. Not to mention a group of folks with an itch tDon'to take something apart and get dirty just because feeling clean is not normal.

I'll make sure to bring the 4 jack stands, floor jack, and breaker bar. 120 V welder might come too if you feel the need. Just depends on what trailer I end up bringing.
2 options
open car hauler- no welder
20' closed car hauler- welder

Eric

:beer: Regardless of trailer

Eric-

Mostly kidding about installing the springs around the KOA campfire, but unless I can find the time... might be a reality :cheers: Hey, we could throw Steve's front axle underneath too...

Everything but the springs shipped yesterday, hoping the springs will all get to my place timely...

Pete
 
OK, got the first thing on my list done. I finally got around to booking a room. Other than that I want to try to install a new gas tank and maybe new springs/bushings. As Eric B. pointed out to me, my bushings are toast! Gotta figure out the whole grind-cut-pull pin-replace-reweld thing. What a dumb design!
 
Got a huge chunk knocked out this week on my to-do list. Now I go back to the tinkering a little here and there till parts come in......

Kyle, we can pull the springs and bushing stuff off...... New tools got added to my inventory.
 
Kyle, we can pull the springs and bushing stuff off...... New tools got added to my inventory.[/quote]

I might just take you up on that since you probably know what you're doing better than me, but I'd hate to pull you away from your own work that needs to be done.
 
Back
Top