Vintage Willys pictures

Dear folks,

Those "cheap jeep" stories that started immediately after WW2 kept up thru the 1980's ! Popular Mechanics had these $44.00 Jeeps advertised. My local hometown newspaper had these advertised. If I drive an olive drab Jeep, I have people all the time ask me if that's one of those"kits" you can get for 44.00. I always say yes. Folks, the govt. sold these Jeeps for $700-800 after the war, after they went thru Hell.

There's only ONE way to end this permanently, and it WILL end it. In fact, we can make the pendulum swing the other direction fairly fast.

Here is the easy way to do it, but we need to do this with the help of about maybe 6 or 8 other Willys owners, the more the better. We need to advertise our Jeeps in all kinds of ways known with no intention of selling them and have them advertised at prices that WE feel are more reflective.

And we need to be consistent for a period of a year or so, or longer. We will see the results, and these results will have a kind of "motivating effect". Shortly after people see this they will say, WOW, those things are taking off. And then we have a whole new start.

It's a lot like bid rigging, only difference is, bid rigging is illegal, what we would do, wouldn't be. If there's a bunch of Willys for sale at high prices, it looks more honest, fairer and legitimate. IT WILL WORK. Folks, let's get to work. ** Note : always better to start HIGH. ** $ 40,000.00 is a good place to start for vehicles that are rerstored, but NOT Concours.

Last edited:
From DPLA:

default.jpg

"A sheep wagon belonging to Vic Karren is being pulled by a Jeep. Sheep wagons were the home to the sheep herders to the many sheep that grazed on Blue Mountain (Utah):"
1585153348745.png
"View of the Campion home site at 800 Logan Street in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Denver, Colorado; shows concrete steps and parked cars including a Corvair and a Willys Jeep (1965):"

1585153423309.png

"Brook's Electric Shop with trucks in front in Twin Bridges, Montana:"
317.jpg

"Photograph showing Smithsonian Secretary Alexander Wetmore standing against a jeep in Cerro Campana, Panama.The image was taken during Wetmore's ornithological expedition to Panama on March 11, 1951. Wetmore and the vehicle stand on a dirt road overlooking a series of valleys in Panama." This almost looks like a CPC to me.
deliveryService

QC300260123.jpg

Attachments

• Vintage Willys pics - 4 door wagon in India (1968).jpg
    Vintage Willys pics - 4 door wagon in India (1968).jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 2
Don't know how you find the time to research this and other topics, work on the wagon and raise a family...oh and be a moderator.

Joe

Don't know how you find the time to research this and other topics, work on the wagon and raise a family...oh and be a moderator.

Joe
Well, we are all busy in our own way.

I travel a lot for work (or did), so checking in at the forum is pretty easy from an airport gate, etc. I It's also easy to keep an eye out for Willys in old pictures. They certainly stick out compared to the style of most of the other rigs from the 1950s and 1960s. Can't take too much credit for being a moderator... Pete does the vast majority of that and all the behind-the-scenes work. The three young kids definitely take priority. Although I don't get to work on the Willys much (and our garage is only half-done anyway with basically no power), at least the kids like playing in the Willys wagon.

Get this: the middle kid (age 5) wants to get a Willys truck. He says we can restore it in a week. Ha.

Back