Vintage Willys pictures

From DPLA:

1. "Bob Schaeffer, Chief Engineer at Western Toy Manufacturing Co. and Joe Woolfe sitting in a Jeep followed by a group of children sitting in toy Jeeps in front of the Seattle Art Museum." 1947:

View attachment 65003

2. "The Modoc Lava Flow." Jeep on road in foreground with rugged terrain and snowcapped mountains in background and clouds overhead. 1948:
default.jpg

3. "Dare County Library bookmobile at Wright Brothers Memorial." North Carolina, March 1950:
ajaxhelper

4. "Fire Station Lookout Mountain (Hiland), Silver Bow County, 1954:"
hres-323.jpg

5. "Vernal-Manila Highway," Ashley National Forest, Utah:
View attachment 65006
6. "Footings for roadbed installed, South Nyack, NY." 1954:
View attachment 65007

You're finding some great photos, Dan. Thank you!

Here's a shot of sometime in the late 1950s or early 1960s Bridgeville, California (from Facebook group "Remember in Bridgeville") in southeastern Humboldt County.

81179351_10216401893535634_3263164436076036096_o.jpg

Vintage Willys pics - Bridgeville CA 1.jpg

Vintage Willys pics - Bridgeville CA 2.jpg

For what it's worth, Bridgeville is the last town before the turnoff the the family cabin. There are black-and-white pictures on the forum of my Grandpa and his Willys Wagon there as well as modern color ones of my dad's 1943/1946 Jeep GPW/CJ2A salad.

Willys Wagon 1955 Grandpa B (5).JPG

Bridgeville has an interesting recent history. It was once put up for sale on eBay.
I've been through there, it's a beautiful area. I was on my motorcycle and came up from Covelo via back roads. Had to stop once out there somewhere to let some cowboys drive their cattle by, down the middle of the road. Went through Alderpoint and Blocksburg and then took Kneeland road over to Eureka. That would be a great area for a Willys road trip. (Hint, hint, Dan.)

Back