Dec 10, 2015
Michigan
First Name
Chris
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1961
Here's what I'm thinking of going with for our build. I also plan to add a couple of back up lights directly to the "old truck bumper". That will be painted the body color.
Thoughts? Opinions? Likes? Dislikes?
757531fbe3a3215d0e727ce4b8ad7d67.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That is ok just as long as you dont do anything dumb.oh like cutting holes in the bumper for the lights especially these W.O script bumpers ...
been there seen that! i wanted to give that person....a boot to the head!!

you can mount the backup lights above or below or to the bumper ..just not recessed in..!! or try to find intergrated taillights that you may like?

here is what is on the White Beast...IMG_20140815_125450.jpgIMG_20160820_181008974_HDR.jpg as you can see we took a set of $15 Horrible Freight lights and put them under the bumper and wired a switch to the dash .......i had both mounted but owner broke other one during final install so only got one for now. they do work ok for the occasional time that it get used ....(truck is very rarely out after dark) at car shows it is backed in during day then pulled out after dark
i have exact same lights and bumper on my 51IMG_4300.jpgIMG_1492.jpg...not sure what i will do for reverse lights seeing as the 700R4 dont got a external plug on it i did try to find integrated taillights but could not find anthing that looked good not real crazy bout hanging lights of the bumper either.

would like to find same look lights i have that have reverse lights but keep in mind these are 48-50 ford truck taillights reverse lights were unheard of then

but any way let us know what you decide on and what you can come up with as i am still looking for reverse lights myself.

Larry

Very cool! Thanks for the examples. I do not plan to put holes in the script bumper. Thanks!

Very cool! Thanks for the examples. I do not plan to put holes in the script bumper. Thanks!

I also would warn against putting lights under the bumper, because they become the first thing that breaks when you back into something. And you will! Sorry, but you will, unless no off roading, with a Jeep! Yeah, right!
diggerG

I hear you on that Greg. I was thinking either side of the license plate for the reverse lights.

I am a fan of the high position in Larry's examples myself. Not keen on a droopy butt look! ;)

Willys Backup Light 002.jpg

No bumper on mine.........Backup light is a tractor driving light... It's mounted on frame crossmember.
It is very bright and is pointed at the ground behind the truck..I needed this because there are no street
lights where I live, heck half the streets are dirt...This light get's it done for me.

_DSC8349.jpgNot a truck but may still work - my backup lights and camera are part of the license plate trim ring.

I am not sure if the trucks have the same rear cross member as the wagons,DSCN1395.jpg but this works well for me. And is mostly protected. I do like Bills backup camera, a pretty handy device. :cheers:

Back