Newbie from S.C.- 63 Wagon

wildbill

Knuckle Buster
Jan 31, 2010
Willys Model
Willys Year:
Hello all. I just found your site,and think it is awsome! I have had a 46', 53' and 44 jeeps and loved the Willy's look. I just purchased a 63' wagon with a great, but stripped body (it was stripped for painting and never put back together). The motor and trans are missing ( they were stolen from the shop that was rebuiling them) and a 327 ci. was stuffed under the hood. I want to use this as a daily driver with the comforts of a newer suv, so my plan is to put the body on a different frame that already has motor and drive train. Any ideas on what would be the same wheelbase?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Bill, Myrtle Beach, S.C.

Myrtle Beach! We're almost neighbors - I'm down the road a bit in Wilmington NC. Welcome to the forum. Maybe when we get these old wagons going we will cross paths now and then. I usually try to get down there for the big car show at the pottery.

Tom

Welcome to the forum. I have a '57 wagon that I'm going to either graft a section of a s-10 pu frame to or set whole body onto. I'll know more one I have the two frames setting side by side. Chuck

Ahh Myrtle Beach, many fun trips there when I used to live in nearby NC. Sorry I can't help with you're frame question but,

Welcome to the Forum

Welcome to the forum.... glad to have you neighbor. The Willys Wagon has a wheel base of 104" and the wheel width is 59 1/2" ( that's the measurement from wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface}. So if you don't want your wheels sticking out in no mans land look for something in the 60" range or narrow the axles. Some people here are looking at the S10 Chevy...depends what your budget is as well....good luck!

Back