New to Forum - Starting '59 rebuild

thank you all! i plan on doing pictures soon once ive got it out and ready to start the project. its currently on a ranch in southern california with sand building up on it.
But ya, im really excited to do this project since its all 3 of us and its from a 4th generation of the family. I want to restore some of the dash. my grandpa used to carve things he needed into the dash etc so i want to take some of that and keep it still in the new car. but my hopes is one day to pass it down.

Theres also a MORE valuable land cruiser and i think a v8 jeep down there.....actually theres a bunch of valuable cars left for abandonment like early model rolled fender fords....mach1s....

it is, i checked the pink.
Forgive me for laughing, but with old jeeps, anything could be on a pink slip. Seriously. You're lucky it's correct because it's nearly impossible to correct those things. Several of my GPW's are "Ford trucks" and my MB was a '46 (maybe because the army released it to the civilian market in '46?). I was unable to correct any of them.

Hey all!
New here, starting a build using my grandpas 1959 (cj5 i believe, will be checking later). any tips or advice is welcomed! This project i plan on doing with my father (retired diesel mechanic) and son.
Welcome, sounds like a great team, enjoy!

Welcome to the forum, great to see another family build.
Pete

Back