Apr 27, 2024
Michigan
First Name
Max
Willys Model
  1. Forward Control
Willys Year:
  1. 1958
I Haven't found much information on the internet or in physical materials regarding a spare tire mount. I'm wondering what others have used to mount there spares, if I will have to fabricate one or if it is available from some vendor.
Thanks.
Max
1958 FC-170

Max, let me know what you find and where. I want that exact spare tire carrier, for my 59 truck, cause mine got so noodled hitting a tree at some point, I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to straighten correctly.

Sorry to hear about your spare mount, my original got lost somewhere along restoration. While I wasn’t able to find that exact part I found something similar that might work, both thejeepsterman.com and kaiserwillys.com offer some differentiations of this product: https://www.kaiserwillys.com/produc...nting-bracket-fits-41-45-mb-gpw-3-bolt-style/
And as for the used market I couldn’t find anything either.

Let me know if you find anything else
If you use that mount, look very critically at the bed side reinforcements. They exist to support the carrier. You may want to add some reinforcement for the "new" bolt pattern. If not, it will likely bend/crack the bedside over time.

Back