Ken’s Peacock Blue ‘62

Merry Christmas OWF :cool:
GettIng a little garage work done in between holiday stuff so thought I’d update with a few pics . Front axle swap is complete with new shackles and bushings .

View attachment 89340View attachment 89341

The rear shackles were broken and had caused quite a bit of wear on the bushings so decided to just replace the whole set while I was at it .
Swapped out a few heavily worn spring bolts as well .

View attachment 89342View attachment 89343

View attachment 89344View attachment 89345View attachment 89346View attachment 89348View attachment 89349
Next up - finish painting the frame and rear axle and put on the new shocks Santa is bringing me ;)

Does Santa read this forum?

Amazing to see the transformation from those beginning pictures Ken. Really love that shined up Tornado valve cover and the OWF shifter knob.

Been awhile since I have seen Maxxis tires on anything either...:cool:

;)Amazing to see the transformation from those beginning pictures Ken. Really love that shined up Tornado valve cover and the OWF shifter knob.

Been awhile since I have seen Maxxis tires on anything either...:cool:
Thanks Dale and good eye on the shifter knob . Broke that thing out for the photo shoot and it’s back in the velvet bag it came in . ;)
These tires are about as big as you can fit on these original truck rims 285/75R16

Progress has been a bit slow lately but I did take a road trip last weekend to pick up a spare
230 Tornado from fellow OWF member @mtn4wheeler in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
Long haul but I managed to stop at one of my fishing holes along the way .

6AA6758F-6364-4C2A-99B1-6A53C646181A.jpeg

Thanks Marty for holding it for me until after duck season :cool:

99B4C87F-127F-467E-B9EA-3DC2496EA343.jpeg

Back