I'm baaackk....

wheelie

Bigger Hammer
Nov 16, 2011
south of York, PA
Willys Model
Willys Year:
I've been away from this site for quite some time. Wasn't very active in the first place. I've finally gotten to a place where I can start tinkering with my '47 4x4 truck again, a little at a time. It's been in storage, up on blocks, for almost 10 years. Just got it home and haven't really touched it except for pushing it off the trailer. Hoping the engine still turns. Trying to remember where I left the project. As I recall i was in the process of converting to a 12V alternator.

I think I'd like to put a 12V generator on it to help keep a more original appearance. Gotta learn about that stuff cause I'm not good, at all, with electrical. I'll be asking for your help if I go this route.

Needs a new gas tank and lines and probably gonna lose the Solex and have the W-O rebuilt by the man. Trying to decide if I want to go with a poly tank or not. Reading some good and bad about them here.

Surely going to have to go over the brakes after sitting so long. My favorite thing to do..........NOT!

I may not get started as soon as I'd like. Lots of other things and jeep projects looming.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear from owners of early serial number 4x4 trucks. Preferably in a private conversation at first. Mine is pretty early and I'd to discuss some details with such owners.

Looking forward to being active here. Glad to see the site is still up and running.

Attached picture is from about 10 years ago before the derailment.

Attachments

• IMG_2357.jpg
    IMG_2357.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 28
Looks great! My truck has a 12v generator. Doesn't make much electricity but works for my stock truck with no accessories. The amp light actually comes on at idle. :rolleyes:

Back