Oklahoma
First Name
Scottie
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1962
Hello,
I’m looking for a high compression F-134 cylinder head with the compression of 7.8 to 1. It will have an embossed 7.8 and may look like 78 on the top side of the passenger side rear corner of the head. Possibly could have been painted yellow at one time.
Thank you
Scottie
495-410-6716
reddirtroadroad@att.net

I have been involved with vin age autos since 1976. Willy’s since 2000. I’m used to the search. Just asking for a little help that would be appreciated. That’s all.
Many thanks

I have been involved with vin age autos since 1976. Willy’s since 2000. I’m used to the search. Just asking for a little help that would be appreciated. That’s all.
Many thanks
Not sure where you are at but I'd look in the mountain west. Most sold in the Rockies had the higher compression from what I've read. All the 6-226 I've found where I live had the high compression heads. I cant varify any 4 cyl. Being the same but I'm sure it was.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree. I appreciate you input. I’m in Oklahoma.

Isn't Oklahoma in the mountains? Just kidding, I know it's all flat AND we all know that the Republic of Texas really owns NM and CO (and little tip of the OK panhandle) or at least the part that has the good mountains. That was until the U.S. stole them from us.

Isn't Oklahoma in the mountains? Just kidding, I know it's all flat AND we all know that the Republic of Texas really owns NM and CO (and little tip of the OK panhandle) or at least the part that has the good mountains. That was until the U.S. stole them from us.
The Republic of Texas was defeated at the Alamo. U.S. Calvery had to clean up. Thus winner takes all ;)

Defeated my a$$, it was a trap so we could take down that little napoleon want to be at San Jacinto. And caught the sissy trying to hide as a private.

But we digress, as I have understand the only real difference is the high compression head is its milled down a little. That's the same thing they did on the latter L226, except the early ones came with a 2bbl. I don't think the high compression F134's got the extra carburetortion

Defeated my a$$, it was a trap so we could take down that little napoleon want to be at San Jacinto. And caught the sissy trying to hide as a private.

But we digress, as I have understand the only real difference is the high compression head is its milled down a little. That's the same thing they did on the latter L226, except the early ones came with a 2bbl. I don't think the high compression F134's got the extra carburetortion
Just tossing ya a hard time! Nothing personal!

If I'm understanding this right, this motor was actually made in at least 4 different compression ratios.

http://jeeptech.com/engine/hurricane134.html

Good luck sorting all of that out.

Also keep in mind the gains that you're actually getting with a high compression head don't work out to all that much (for my 6cyl it works out to less than 5hp). I'm the sort of glutton for punishment that plans to travel in mine, but without that intention and if you're not seeing much altitude it might not make a lot of difference.

Just tossing ya a hard time! Nothing personal!

Let me wipe the tears from my eyes before I read your response. I'm a sissy boy.

I know you were just busting my bubble. I expected it when I posted Texans own the beautiful parts of the mountains. Interesting enough, it appears true if you look at ownership of many things in CO are actually owned by Texans, and people from Colorado hate it. Wife and I already bought our little piece of heaven and are moving there as soon as we sell our piece of Texas.

Also keep in mind the gains that you're actually getting with a high compression head don't work out to all that much (for my 6cyl it works out to less than 5hp).

When I had my F134 in my CJ rebuilt, I talked with the rebuilder and that was basically his feelings. He said you probably would never even notice it for the time, effort and cost to do it.

When I had my F134 in my CJ rebuilt, I talked with the rebuilder and that was basically his feelings. He said you probably would never even notice it for the time, effort and cost to do it.
But...its more horsepower and that's better than the same as everyone else.

Good point. Now I've got to have one to not be outdone.
Ha! To be honest your point on is it worth the money is very true! I just like the challenge of making one of these old engines go as good of not better than it did back in its day. Even if it's about squeezing 5 more hp. It's a sickness.

Back