Help on V6 swap suggestions

I went with with a 4.3 kept T90 and Transfer case stock, It scoots ! very happy. But definitely rebuild the tranny and transfer case, you wont regret it !
NOVAK techs were great help on selecting parts, go to their web site and read their Tech stuff. Pay attention to Bell housing and clutch designs, flywheels etc. you can call them, they are pretty cool. Just remember Bell housing will dictate what size pressure plate and clutch. Some early bell housing can only fit using the correct size flywheel and clutch system, Buy your clutch and pressure plate from them comes with throw out bearing , they have the best price, Jegs for flywheel and starter. Also make sure you pay attention to retainer tube, that is what the throwout bearing rides on. It needs to be longer then stock,

Last edited:
Has anyone that did the V6 swap and kept the T-90 Transmission?
If yes I'm looking for clutch flywheel kit recommendations that worked well at a fair price.
- Is a duel disc clutch any advantage over single?

Any recommendations are appreciated.
Here's my rebuilt T-90, Transfer case (without OD) test fit to check motor mounts spacing.

No clutch or flywheel in the bell housing.
Novak is your source for conversions. They have reasonable price for pressure plate and clutch which includes throw out bearing. Make SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT bearing retainer so that the throw out bearing travels accordingly, stock is to short. Determine which bell housing you have, that will dictate size of flywheel and clutch. I purchased flywheel and starter from Jegs.

Back