Sep 17, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
First Name
Pete
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
We will be doing a software update sometime over the next day or two.
The forum will be down for a bit while the Tech guys do their thing and bring the forum up to speed with the latest and greatest nuts and bolts.

There may be a few things that still need some attention once the forum is back up and running, as we have a number of software modifications that overlay the main forum software that might also need upgrading.

Thanks for your patience!
Pete

I also noticed icons and some symbols had changed. Thought maybe I was just nuts... now I see it's real. Whew...

I’m still having issues getting on the forum via Firefox or Safari. Working though on my phone via Verizon. I won’t be able to sort through the changes yet, but hoping to figure out what’s up with the browsers asap

Can't be any worse than the data signal I get in the country.

Who decides on the graphics changes Pete? You or the tech?

Can't be any worse than the data signal I get in the country.

Who decides on the graphics changes Pete? You or the tech?
Some of the graphics are built into the forum software, some of them come from me.
Pete

We are back, and I'm able to get on the forum to trouble shoot any hickups.
Usually the tech guys give me more notice on when they will shut everything down, but this time they just went for it.
Let me know if you see anything weird or anything that isn't functioning correctly.
Thanks,
Pete

@Pete - All of a sudden this evening, the internet has decided that OldWillysForum "isn't Safe." Hahaha! Something about the Certificate....

This is happening when I go in from either the phone (Android) or on the computer (Chrome).

@Pete - All of a sudden this evening, the internet has decided that OldWillysForum "isn't Safe." Hahaha! Something about the Certificate....

This is happening when I go in from either the phone (Android) or on the computer (Chrome).
It is URL starts with HTTP, should be HTTPS. The "S" stands for Secure.

We are back, and I'm able to get on the forum to trouble shoot any hickups.
Usually the tech guys give me more notice on when they will shut everything down, but this time they just went for it.
Let me know if you see anything weird or anything that isn't functioning correctly.
Thanks,
Pete
It seems every time I leave this site and try to come back a while later I must log in again even though the “remember me” box is checked.

Yep, one of the SSL certificates expired this afternoon and I thought it was on auto-renew. I’ve been away from my computer today, and all hell breaks loose...
I’ll get it fixed in the morning.
it’s the same old forum, nothing has changed otherwise, so not to worry. Sorry for the hassle.
Pete

Here's maybe a weird little gremlin still running around - about once an hour, I keep getting Notifications about a "New Posting" in this thread - but it's really just this same one, over and over.....

Back