Colorado Fall Color Tour 2021

Epic day yesterday, we did an 11 1/2 hour loop over Tincup Pass, Napoleon Pass, and Hancock Pass, all over 12,000 feet altitude. Today I feel like I was hit by a bus, but it was worth it
How is Barney behaving/performing?

How is Barney behaving/performing?
B-Will started running crappy on the first trail. I had one of the carb gurus try to tune it and everything we did made it worse. We finally gave up and put on a loaner carb and it has run perfect ever since. Too bad I have to give the new car back when I leave tomorrow. Other than the carb issue all is well. Going on the tough trail tomorrow hopefully it will keep running good for the day.
pete

B-Will started running crappy on the first trail. I had one of the carb gurus try to tune it and everything we did made it worse. We finally gave up and put on a loaner carb and it has run perfect ever since. Too bad I have to give the new car back when I leave tomorrow. Other than the carb issue all is well. Going on the tough trail tomorrow hopefully it will keep running good for the day.
pete
I'll think positive waves man, positive waves.

Had a great time on the Fall Color Tour, hoping to do it again next year.
Sifting through a few hundred photos, and hours of video...
Here's a ride-along video of Ironchest, the toughest trail of the week. This trail has it all- a quarter mile or so of boulders, white-knuckly shelf road, and incredible views from the mine site at about 12,100 feet elevation. The air is thin up there...
Pete

If that mining town is from the 1800's, can you imagine hauling the building materials, food, water, etc up 12,100' by horse or mule?
The heavy cast iron cable car system parts and boilers that are scattered around up there are huge. No idea how they managed to get them up there.

Lots of pictures and videos on the CJ2A page Fall Color Tour, none are mine.
If you have time it is worth a look.

Back