Jul 26, 2021
Auburn, California
First Name
Jason
Willys Model
  1. Forward Control
Willys Year:
  1. 1964
Well I did it again on this FC restoration. I tore out the driver side wing window rubber seal (that was perfectly ok). I bought what I thought was a complete kit to redo both door window seals except that particular piece is NOT included. I realized this after I tore it out. if Anyone here has a driver side wing window they would part with I am interested and if not I’ll take any advice how I can seal this window up until I can find one someday.

a guy in a FC Facebook forum stole $110.00 from me already. He responded to my request there saying he had one. Seemed legit so I sent him the money and his account closed. I found out someone on there makes fake accounts and has stolen from many members who he said he was selling FC parts to. Just a heads up.

Attachments

• FCD5B9EB-F7C3-497B-AD3D-65EC7FDD67E5.jpeg
    FCD5B9EB-F7C3-497B-AD3D-65EC7FDD67E5.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 69261398-158A-4785-A4C1-3C40168C0595.jpeg
    69261398-158A-4785-A4C1-3C40168C0595.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 12
Which piece are you talking about? The molded rubber, or the vertical straight piece? I have a set of molded rubbers I would sell you.

Which piece are you talking about? The molded rubber, or the vertical straight piece? I have a set of molded rubbers I would sell you.

Joe if he doesn't respond/want them; I am definitely interested if they are in new/like-new condition.

The molded rubber, yes. I got most of what I tore out replaced but it’s still a mess.

Attachments

• 405AEC97-70BD-49D8-97F6-E9A9DC642440.jpeg
    405AEC97-70BD-49D8-97F6-E9A9DC642440.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 7
If only I had known….made the same mistake on my 1959 cab doors. Fortunately I have a 1960 cab with seals that I will likely need to destroy the metal on to get them extracted. Should anyone else have a set (driver & passenger side) they would like to sell, please message me. These are the molded rubber seals for the wing windows.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

If only I had known….made the same mistake on my 1959 cab doors. Fortunately I have a 1960 cab with seals that I will likely need to destroy the metal on to get them extracted. Should anyone else have a set (driver & passenger side) they would like to sell, please message me. These are the molded rubber seals for the wing windows.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Right, that was a painful mistake. It’s on my list with the rest I’ve made. My 42 MB was simple compared to this FC. It’s starting to come together though……

Attachments

• CBCA8C9A-C00B-4766-97F5-3C89840C79E6.jpeg
    CBCA8C9A-C00B-4766-97F5-3C89840C79E6.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 8
Looking good! My cab is being rebuilt now, can’t wait to see mine blocked, sanded and painted! You are making good progress from that pic!

Looking good! My cab is being rebuilt now, can’t wait to see mine blocked, sanded and painted! You are making good progress from that pic!
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing some updates on here. What are you doing for the cab heater? I just put a post up

I waz able to refurbish mine. Got ghe front & rear louvers working. Squirrel fan worked, so I kept it. Even managed to free up the coolant valve with a mixture of diesel fuel & tranny fluid and a ton of patience! Unfortunately I had to use an aftermarket fan switch which was bigger than stock, but it fit (with some forceful metal reshaping internally). Just need to get new cloth hoses to connect to the defrost inlets.

I waz able to refurbish mine. Got ghe front & rear louvers working. Squirrel fan worked, so I kept it. Even managed to free up the coolant valve with a mixture of diesel fuel & tranny fluid and a ton of patience! Unfortunately I had to use an aftermarket fan switch which was bigger than stock, but it fit (with some forceful metal reshaping internally). Just need to get new cloth hoses to connect to the defrost inlets.
Oh cool. The valve is my issue right now. It had the wrong one I no it and everything was old and froze up and full of mud wasp nests. I’d prefer to use it if I can get it all back together

I may have an extra valve here, I will have to look. I bought a 1960, 170 which I am restoring. Also have a 59 170, which is the cab I’m using, as the 1960 cab is just too far gone! Rules when building cars is the same as guns; 2 is one and 1 is none! I will have a look and see if I still have the valve from the 60 somewhere….

Jason,
If getting the correct valve is a hassle, you could rework the heater core input and output to accept hoses on both (remove the old valve), and run a generic contemporary cable-adjusted heater valve. You could mount that valve anywhere, even outside the heater enclosure if necessary.

1695599086323.png

I have in my notes that someone said this one will fit reasonably well:

1695599161037.png

This is a potential upgrade, as the heater core would be cooler when the valve was in the "no heat" position:

1695600429504.png

Last edited:
By chance yesterday I called Willys America in CA. Explained how I removed the rubber seal around my vent windows and that I was an idiot. Much to my surprise the lady I spoke with said “we have that!” Although not original they do have something fhat will work.

So cross that mistake off your list! Cough up a cpl bucks and have something far better than a really annoying whistling sound as you cruise down the road!

By chance yesterday I called Willys America in CA. Explained how I removed the rubber seal around my vent windows and that I was an idiot. Much to my surprise the lady I spoke with said “we have that!” Although not original they do have something fhat will work.

So cross that mistake off your list! Cough up a cpl bucks and have something far better than a really annoying whistling sound as you cruise down the road!
Wow, Cazadero to North Carolina! That'll take awhile.

Mid '50's Chevy pass car or pickup have a rectangular wind wing frame.
My guess is that with some measuring, a guy may find a similar size used in another application. :)

Back