Aug 27, 2016
Dixon Il.
First Name
Pat
Willys Model
  1. Forward Control
Willys Year:
  1. 1965
Recently purchased a 1965 FC150 completely original with a custom flatbed. In the process of stripping to repair rust and replace frame with new one that came with it.
I however would like to remove the front window. The rubber is bad and I don't think it can be saved. Any tricks to removing it without breakage???
2nd question is anyone know how many bolts need to be removed to take the body off the frame?
Thanks in advance for any responses. My mission is to bring this 150 back to show room with any luck. And with most rigs this old it will have challenges for sure.

There's four cab bolts and eight bumper bolts must remove both bumpers mounts off of frame just learned this today on my FC 170
2ac594960b1856261cae985f9affcd3f.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thank you! I got all the bolts lose, cables, shifting arms, heater hoses, steering column. I think I am close to lifting it.
My questions are
1. How heavy is the cab with doors on?
3. What's the best area of the cab to set it on? I want to set it so I can replace the corners and do metal work

Really appreciate any information anyone has

It's heavy

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Cut the old gasket away from the glass and remove the glass very carefully! Replacement glass is still available from Pilkington glass. Gaskets are too from two sources.

Back