Gear Grinder
Oct 25, 2020
Arizona
First Name
Howard
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
For the past few weeks I have been trying to figure out what I am going to do to my wagon to get started on my build.

First, all the glass was broken or delaminated. I have removed all the glass, sanded and prepped the openings. Sanded, applied rust protection, and about to put some primer on the openings of the windows.

I am looking to place an order from Vintage Glass and will be installing it when I get the shipment. My question is looking for window weather stripping for the Willy's cost as much as the windows. Any suggestions?

Next, I am going to put a 7r400 behind the existing 305. I am going to upgrade to fuel injection, power disc brakes, new leaf springs and shocks, and new wheels and tires. Oh and I can't forget about Vintage Air as I will need it here in Arizona.

Main goal is to make it run reliable so I can use it as I work on other body, paint, electric, and other stuff.

So far love having a Wagon and can't wait to get it out on the road.

64 Traveler

Sharpest Tool
All-Star
Mar 20, 2010
Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
For the past few weeks I have been trying to figure out what I am going to do to my wagon to get started on my build.

First, all the glass was broken or delaminated. I have removed all the glass, sanded and prepped the openings. Sanded, applied rust protection, and about to put some primer on the openings of the windows.

I am looking to place an order from Vintage Glass and will be installing it when I get the shipment. My question is looking for window weather stripping for the Willy's cost as much as the windows. Any suggestions?

Next, I am going to put a 7r400 behind the existing 305. I am going to upgrade to fuel injection, power disc brakes, new leaf springs and shocks, and new wheels and tires. Oh and I can't forget about Vintage Air as I will need it here in Arizona.

Main goal is to make it run reliable so I can use it as I work on other body, paint, electric, and other stuff.

So far love having a Wagon and can't wait to get it out on the road.
I like your idea and think you should post some pics of your Parkway.

I just went to a commercial glass company for my windows. They had exactly what I needed in stock and cut it to fit with no problems, the cost was good too.

What part of AZ are you in?

59WillysWagonAZ

Gear Grinder
Oct 25, 2020
Arizona
First Name
Howard
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
I like your idea and think you should post some pics of your Parkway.

I just went to a commercial glass company for my windows. They had exactly what I needed in stock and cut it to fit with no problems, the cost was good too.

What part of AZ are you in?
I am in Gilbert AZ. Are you in the area?

59WillysWagonAZ

Gear Grinder
Oct 25, 2020
Arizona
First Name
Howard
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
I am going to start sanding the interior floor and take out the badly installed van seats from the previous owner.

Just curious on how you all have sanded sealed and insulated your rigs?

My plan so far is to use elbow grease and take a wire wheel, wire brush, and a red scotch brite. Then vacuum, degrease and then use a metal/rust sealer. At the same time thinking about using the Eastwood internal frame coating for the interior frame. I then plan on covering the floor with a heat insulated spray, then boommat inside cavities and on the floor. Finally cover that with either rubber mat or carpet (still deciding).

59WillysWagonAZ

Gear Grinder
Oct 25, 2020
Arizona
First Name
Howard
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Update on my windows. Just received them in. The windshield and door glass is great. The other glass is the wrong size. I just did some more research and I just realized that the glass to fit the Parkway Conversion is different. Yep NEWBIE move.

Attachments

Last edited: