1954 Truck All Jeep Parts! Keep it real!

Hurricane226

Sharpest Tool
Nov 13, 2010
Willys Model
Willys Year:
This is what it looked like when I bought it about 10 Years ago. Completely stock, the motor ran great, everything else was junk. $2,700
willyssmallpic.jpg

Here it is a little over a year ago... Boxed Frame, T-18 Transimission with a custom adapter plate designed by me. Wide trac Dana 44 axles with 5:38 gears, powrlock posi in the rear. Super 18 Transfercase (Dana 20 case with Dana 18 gears, and 1.25" intermediate shaft.) Stock Super Hurricane Motor L6-226, and a Warn Overdrive.
P8010019.jpg

It's a continuous project! But it's rolling! So far it has climbed everything I have tried to go up.... I did a few black Diamond trials and I didn't even spin a tire. I need to go over the engine, because I never touched it from the day I bought it 10 years ago. It definately needs some love, a carb rebuild, patch the leaky radiator, and converting it to Electronic Ignition would probably help it out.
PB080010.jpg

PB050014.jpg

Very nice work there! I like the custom fabrication on the crossmembers and floor pan.

Here it is a little over a year ago... Boxed Frame, T-18 Transimission with a custom adapter plate designed by me. Wide trac Dana 44 axles with 5:38 gears, powrlock posi in the rear. Super 18 Transfercase (Dana 20 case with Dana 18 gears, and 1.25" intermediate shaft.) Stock Super Hurricane Motor L6-226, and a Warn Overdrive.
P8010019.jpg
What did your axles originally come out of. I've been wanting to upgrade the stock axles in my 47 pickup to something newer. What mods did you do to the steering linkage? Thanks!

hi, I replaced my rear dana 53 with a ford 9 inch posi from a mid-70's ford truck. has 3:50 gears and posi, just had to move the perches and re-do the driveline. WMS is within 1/2" I believe.

Nice!
Regarding your "super 18" transfer case. Did you build this using the sliding gears from a Ford dana 20 mated to the D-18 gears mounted into a Jeep D-20 case. Or another method?

Back