Oct 5, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Carl
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1950
Anyone use the Omix or India source spring C shackles? I need a set for my project and not sure I want to wait until August to get the Crown brand. Want good quality. Thanks.

I decided to try the ones from India. I have not heard anything good about the Omix ones, so they were not an option. They shipped fast and looked good on arrival. After inspection, things went down hill. I got 3 with left hand threads on one end and one with right hand on both ends. One of the ones with lh threads had a rh thread bushing on it. One of the lh thread bushings had rh threads on the outside. All of them had a slight twist to them, so the springs did not line up with the fixed bracket. That turned out to be not much of a problem, as they are on the soft side and easy to bend. I emailed them explaining the problem and have had no response. My shackles are in decent shape, so I'm using what bushings I can and the dust seals and rubbers from the India ones on my shackles. I sure do miss made in the USA parts.

Wow, there's a part I never thought would be gone. I see that everyone is out of them. I wouldn't be surprised if some corporate head at Crown threw away the tooling.

I decided to try the ones from India. I have not heard anything good about the Omix ones, so they were not an option. They shipped fast and looked good on arrival. After inspection, things went down hill. I got 3 with left hand threads on one end and one with right hand on both ends. One of the ones with lh threads had a rh thread bushing on it. One of the lh thread bushings had rh threads on the outside. All of them had a slight twist to them, so the springs did not line up with the fixed bracket. That turned out to be not much of a problem, as they are on the soft side and easy to bend. I emailed them explaining the problem and have had no response. My shackles are in decent shape, so I'm using what bushings I can and the dust seals and rubbers from the India ones on my shackles. I sure do miss made in the USA parts.
They are supposed to have a twist. I don't know why.

Attachments

• GPW Shackle offset.jpeg
    GPW Shackle offset.jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 8
  • GPW Spring U shackle.jpeg
    GPW Spring U shackle.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 8
Back