Oct 5, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Carl
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1950
Anyone use the Omix or India source spring C shackles? I need a set for my project and not sure I want to wait until August to get the Crown brand. Want good quality. Thanks.

Where are the Crown brand coming from that everybody is out of them? It seems strange that they're all gone at once from all the dealers.

I decided to try the ones from India. I have not heard anything good about the Omix ones, so they were not an option. They shipped fast and looked good on arrival. After inspection, things went down hill. I got 3 with left hand threads on one end and one with right hand on both ends. One of the ones with lh threads had a rh thread bushing on it. One of the lh thread bushings had rh threads on the outside. All of them had a slight twist to them, so the springs did not line up with the fixed bracket. That turned out to be not much of a problem, as they are on the soft side and easy to bend. I emailed them explaining the problem and have had no response. My shackles are in decent shape, so I'm using what bushings I can and the dust seals and rubbers from the India ones on my shackles. I sure do miss made in the USA parts.

Wow, there's a part I never thought would be gone. I see that everyone is out of them. I wouldn't be surprised if some corporate head at Crown threw away the tooling.

I decided to try the ones from India. I have not heard anything good about the Omix ones, so they were not an option. They shipped fast and looked good on arrival. After inspection, things went down hill. I got 3 with left hand threads on one end and one with right hand on both ends. One of the ones with lh threads had a rh thread bushing on it. One of the lh thread bushings had rh threads on the outside. All of them had a slight twist to them, so the springs did not line up with the fixed bracket. That turned out to be not much of a problem, as they are on the soft side and easy to bend. I emailed them explaining the problem and have had no response. My shackles are in decent shape, so I'm using what bushings I can and the dust seals and rubbers from the India ones on my shackles. I sure do miss made in the USA parts.
They are supposed to have a twist. I don't know why.

Attachments

• GPW Shackle offset.jpeg
    GPW Shackle offset.jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 8
  • GPW Spring U shackle.jpeg
    GPW Spring U shackle.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 8
Back