Anyone else have two extra aux gauges on a 1957-1965 truck or wagon?

Funny story related to gauges. Was working in gas station several lifetimes ago. Woman comes in with really nice '75 Buick Regal Gran Sport. 455, console, buckets, and full factory gauges. She says I think I need oil. Okaaay, how do you know you need oil? She says, "my oil level gauge is low". Yep, that was her oil pressure gauge. Three quarts later her engine was full again.

Joe

Funny story related to gauges. Was working in gas station several lifetimes ago. Woman comes in with really nice '75 Buick Regal Gran Sport. 455, console, buckets, and full factory gauges. She says I think I need oil. Okaaay, how do you know you need oil? She says, "my oil level gauge is low". Yep, that was her oil pressure gauge. Three quarts later her engine was full again.

Joe

I had a friend with a Honda Civic - 100K miles. The light came on and I kept putting oil in, 3 quarts total. I asked her when she last got it changed or checked, and she said "they put oil in at the factory right"? Big respect that the engine seemed fine, she drove it for years after.

Like the blonde I checked the oil for. I showed her the dipstick and where the oil was showing low below the mark and pointed out where it needed to be. She said “oh my”. You better go ahead and get me a new dipstick.

PS. I know you where expecting something else.

ff309accff4275f9e35f25e357c335db.jpg

My 58 has only one extra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gary, this is a bit off topic but that looks like a "SpeedHut" cluster. Are you pleased with it? I'm considering getting one but it's pricey, so want your advice. Was installation difficult? Does the GPS speedo and trip meter work well? Are the fuel and temp gauges straight forward to set?
Thanks! Pavel.

This is an early 1957 6V (converted to 12V). When I got her, she had one gauge on the right of the speedo, an oil pressure gauge. I decided to get matching Bosch 2 inch ones, and added the amp gauge. The blue tape is the manual tripometer.

20201023_145840.jpg

Back