1962 Station Wagon in Punjab, North India.

Interesting rear door! Unique to that build no doubt. Couldn't help but notice the hinged plate holder just like the ones used on fold down tail gates.
Yeah. The door was easier to load stuff in and out of the Wagon. The change was made in subsequent civil life after it came out of Malaria control program duties (is my guess)

Yeah. The door was easier to load stuff in and out of the Wagon. The change was made in subsequent civil life after it came out of Malaria control program duties (is my guess)
So that door was an add-on? I finally got a look at the rear tailgate frame and it looks like it di have the original 2 piece tail gate at one time. Honestly did not want to sell you all the parts I have if the body had no place to put them, but looks like it does so I'll get on it.
Check your PM's

So that door was an add-on? I finally got a look at the rear tailgate frame and it looks like it di have the original 2 piece tail gate at one time. Honestly did not want to sell you all the parts I have if the body had no place to put them, but looks like it does so I'll get on it.
Check your PM's
Thanks Bob. At one time it was an original 2 piece tail gate but we lost it and hence the plan for fabrication.

Responded to PM

Back