Sep 11, 2020
maine
First Name
chelsea
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1962
Hi everyone- I'm a young and newish Wagon owner and I am moving from Maine to the south Jersey/Philadelphia area. I'm looking for other Willy's owners to learn from but also looking for advice on storage. Most likely I will be moving into an apartment and now will need to find a spot to store it- ideally I would still be able to work on it where ever it is and give it a spin around the block or farm or where ever it is to keep it in driving order. I also would like to not break the bank as I'm young, still settling into my career and its a long drawn out restoration for me so I don't have a ton of money to throw at it right away.
Any ideas? any suggestions?
Thank you!

Maybe rent a private garage from a older person who does not need it.

I have a bunch of folks around here that do that.

I'm in NW NJ. Usually $150-$250 per month. Most are not posted on FB or social look in the local free handout paper for that town or area. We have a free paper that is very reasonable to advertise a wanted ad.

Some other options:
Storage unit, (but they don't allow working most of the time.)

Some old school rural storage place might stop in and have a conversation with the management. Have had very good luck talking to people in person to figure out good storage options.

What town are you working near?

You may have to get proactive and put a "Wanted: Vehicle Storage" in a local paper or Craigslist.
Be upfront with the landlord regarding what you plan to do, a lot of places allow vehicle storage but frown on greasy stuff or body work. You don't want to find the lock changed... But also be aware of private party landlords, don't fall prey to a scam; do your research!
Welcome to the forum. We all look forward to seeing pics of your Wagon and reading about your project!
( I grew up in and around Philly so this caught my eye)

Back