Heater picture thread

Hey Bob....

Ok the 3 speed blower motor i bought as a kit off of Fleabay.......if i remember correctly that kit had the motor .... wiring harness..... relay and dash switch and the fan blade came from Graingers......my .problem is...it is very Damned loud....!! even on low i can barely stand it running.....so i need to find another motor or find out why this one is making so much noise ...without the blade on the motor is quiet........so i am thinking it has something to do with the blade pitch or something along those lines......guess i am lucky where i live i do not really have a need to use it but once in a while driving at night on a cold winter evening ...which is something i do not do on a regular basis .....and it never really gets all that cold here anyway to the point that i really need it.....as by the time truck warms up to gain any useable heat out if it.....i am usually with in a mile or so of my destination ........so i can live without it.

Hey Larry,
If I remember correctly, you have the Ha Dees heater. Are your fan blades hitting the the side of the circular opening in the sheet metal that accomodates the fan?
Larry

Is there a place on these old blowers for lubrication? My fan has started to make noise like it’s hitting something.

Here's what came with my '49 truck. It's missing one of its "barn doors," so if anyone out there knows where I can get one I'd appreciate it!heater.jpgheater.jpg

Hey Ken....

funny you mention the South Wind gas heater......we had one of those in our....

Current COVID-19 Project.......or Project -19

1954 Dodge Power Wagon.....Radio Communications Command Vehicle.....Canadian 251 inline 6......3 speed Tranny.......NP200 T/Case ... 5.83 gear ratio......( Yeah and you thought our Willys were bad with 5.38's......you want slow..??....i'll show you what slow is..!!.... )

.... 1000 were built for Canadian Army......900 to Canada.....100 to US Army....

one of 7- 8 known left to exist on the survival roster....

IMG_20180812_104959617.jpg

inside the box showing the heater ...........

1484738-2-large.jpg......

this was a 24v South Wind gas powered heater...that had a separate fuel line from the carb back to it .....

IMG_20170312_140901679.jpg.......
IMG_20170312_151203704.jpg....
part of the regulator and gas valve ....

IMG_20170312_132812997.jpg........
the box it came out of........ (remains one of several inhabitants nest that were located throughout the truck ....)

IMG_20170312_140856268.jpg
IMG_20170312_144940468.jpg....
this has all since been removed during current conversion to overland style camper destined for all 4 corners and Alaska....or Bust...!!.

who in their right minds say hey lets put a gasoline powered heater bomb in the back where high ranking offical people are to keep them warm while traveling during the brutal Canadian winters.......yeah great idea .!!....nothing could possibly go wrong with doing that !! ...WTF folks ...like to meet the guy who came up with that one .....WTF were you thinking..??. just could not put a large industrial electrical heater box in there...
i would like to see what would happen if they tried to get away with doing that today..

Larry

This is in my 51 Wagon.
View attachment 87282
Here's mine after a refreshing. See post #2 on this thread for the before. Made the "front door" from an old license plate hammered over a piece of wood cut to fit. First attempt was OK, made worse by drilling handle holes in the wrong place, now that I'm more experienced, I'll try again.
DSCN1633.JPG

Hey Ken....

funny you mention the South Wind gas heater......we had one of those in our....

Current COVID-19 Project.......or Project -19

1954 Dodge Power Wagon.....Radio Communications Command Vehicle.....Canadian 251 inline 6......3 speed Tranny.......NP200 T/Case ... 5.83 gear ratio......( Yeah and you thought our Willys were bad with 5.38's......you want slow..??....i'll show you what slow is..!!.... )

.... 1000 were built for Canadian Army......900 to Canada.....100 to US Army....

one of 7- 8 known left to exist on the survival roster....

View attachment 87295

inside the box showing the heater ...........

View attachment 87294......

this was a 24v South Wind gas powered heater...that had a separate fuel line from the carb back to it .....

View attachment 87286.......
View attachment 87287....
part of the regulator and gas valve ....

View attachment 87288........
the box it came out of........ (remains one of several inhabitants nest that were located throughout the truck ....)

View attachment 87289
View attachment 87290....
this has all since been removed during current conversion to overland style camper destined for all 4 corners and Alaska....or Bust...!!.

who in their right minds say hey lets put a gasoline powered heater bomb in the back where high ranking offical people are to keep them warm while traveling during the brutal Canadian winters.......yeah great idea .!!....nothing could possibly go wrong with doing that !! ...WTF folks ...like to meet the guy who came up with that one .....WTF were you thinking..??. just could not put a large industrial electrical heater box in there...
i would like to see what would happen if they tried to get away with doing that today..

Larry
That truck is a beast Larry ! Pretty cool it has one of those heaters also . I guess the selling point was they provide heat pretty quick . The ad stated 90 seconds for the 6 volt model.

Back