Heater picture thread

Can anyone tell me what sort of heater I have in my truck? This truck was outfitted with lots of old Chevy parts by a PO so I’m guessing it may be Chevy?? It certainly lacks the style & beauty of several others posted here.

Attachments

• 3AB03A5D-B8D7-426D-BB74-71C241F4A4D2.jpeg
    3AB03A5D-B8D7-426D-BB74-71C241F4A4D2.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 6C31192F-2FA9-4BCA-8C35-D2C3ADEDDAA9.jpeg
    6C31192F-2FA9-4BCA-8C35-D2C3ADEDDAA9.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 89
Hey Ken...

Ok like Mike above .......i too have the Hadees Model 254A ......zoom in on the label you can still read the model number

6V... single speed.... ..it did work but rather slow ....

View attachment 82751

cleaned it up....threw a rattle can at it...

...View attachment 82753..
.....Who the Hell is Tester 46..??

used comp air and water i checked the integrity of the core and it was still good....
View attachment 82754
then stuffed a new 12V motor and blade in it ...
with new wiring and a disconnect plug for any future removal that may be neccessary....
View attachment 82755
all painted and ready to go back in my 51 truck....

View attachment 82750...

As it appears today.....

...View attachment 82748...
View attachment 82756....

In fact,.... we just got back from the 8th Annual Willys Roundup in Flagstaff AZ couple hours ago ......did a volunteer trail ride for those brave enough to actually want to take their Willys off the pavement and risk getting it dirty...!!

and then later since it was like 50 degrees cooler up there then down here in the Valley i actually had to turn my core valve on so i could run the heater as it gets bit chilly up there after the sun goes down ....and then this morning on the way home,..from Flagstaff ....did another solo trail run down in Sedona AZ....a short 3.6 mile round trip moderate trail called Broken Arrow......was lucky enough to meet and fall in with a group of 4 jeeps who had been there many times before and knew the trail ......they were just all over my truck....with pics and asking the usual 20 questions.....they did manage to get a couple vids of me doing a couple obstacles ...so when i get them.... i will post them for all to see.....all in all long fun day ..!!

Larry
Where did you get the 12 volt motor? thanks

Hey Bob....

Ok the 3 speed blower motor i bought as a kit off of Fleabay.......if i remember correctly that kit had the motor .... wiring harness..... relay and dash switch and the fan blade came from Graingers......my .problem is...it is very Damned loud....!! even on low i can barely stand it running.....so i need to find another motor or find out why this one is making so much noise ...without the blade on the motor is quiet........so i am thinking it has something to do with the blade pitch or something along those lines......guess i am lucky where i live i do not really have a need to use it but once in a while driving at night on a cold winter evening ...which is something i do not do on a regular basis .....and it never really gets all that cold here anyway to the point that i really need it.....as by the time truck warms up to gain any useable heat out if it.....i am usually with in a mile or so of my destination ........so i can live without it.

Larry

Hey Bob....

Ok the 3 speed blower motor i bought as a kit off of Fleabay.......if i remember correctly that kit had the motor .... wiring harness..... relay and dash switch and the fan blade came from Graingers......my .problem is...it is very Damned loud....!! even on low i can barely stand it running.....so i need to find another motor or find out why this one is making so much noise ...without the blade on the motor is quiet........so i am thinking it has something to do with the blade pitch or something along those lines......guess i am lucky where i live i do not really have a need to use it but once in a while driving at night on a cold winter evening ...which is something i do not do on a regular basis .....and it never really gets all that cold here anyway to the point that i really need it.....as by the time truck warms up to gain any useable heat out if it.....i am usually with in a mile or so of my destination ........so i can live without it.

Larry
thanks for the info. where i live i don't really need a heater either, but it is a Jeepster (no windows) and there are others in the family that like to be somewhat comfortable.

Here is heater in my 51 Wagon. Works on all three speeds. Defrosts also. Says MP on the front. Don’t know manufacturerView attachment 83455

I have the same one in my 55 wagon. Mine heats the whole cab really well, although I am lusting after some of the older Art Deco ones people have posted in this thread.

-Dane
(Trying to overcome his heater envy)

I have the same one in my 55 wagon. Mine heats the whole cab really well, although I am lusting after some of the older Art Deco ones people have posted in this thread.

-Dane
(Trying to overcome his heater envy)

I know what you mean ! :cool:

As a matter of fact...I just got home from a trip in the truck to go get some tacos...from Tuesday Taco Night...

drove there with windows down and wearing shorts...Hmmm ...not real great idea. after dark...did not think bout it...i was hungry and going after food...thinking ..Damn...it is kinda cold driving like this...Hey wait just a Damned minute...i Do have a heater in this thing...so i get there and promptly go around and roll up the passenger side window and close the wing.

i come out hop in roll driver side window up...fire it up and promptly spin heater knob to 2 and instantly warm air started filling the cab...Ahhh...much better.....!!

time i got home some 20 mins later i was nicely toasty...that is first time the heater has ran in some 10 months...i think it last ran back in January or Febuary...as it is now starting to get cold here again at night...not that i drive my truck much at night...good to know it still works if needed.

Larry

Back