Where do you put your coffee cup or water bottle?

The pockets come with 4 pre-drilled holes. I used 10-24x 1/2" screws and nuts with backup washers into the panel board, that way, they went on with the door cards. I use 1/8" ABS plastic backer board for my door cards, never warps, water makes no impact on it, like it does with cardboard.
I like this ABS idea!
FWIW... My original (they're textured gray colored hard board) door cards are still looking good so I'd like to save them but I've noticed in the past few years the replacement Masonite panels in the rear (done in the 80's before I got the Wagon) are all warped and now need to be replaced. I may do metal -- to build in lockable storage -- and magnetic cup holders! ;)

I use a Rubbermaid 3302-20 Automotive Portable Tote Bin Organizer, available on Amazon, eBay.

Hi Tom. Does that Cup Holder just sit on the Hump, or is it Screwed Down? If it just sits there, wouldn't it fly off the Hump if you do any type of Serious Off Roading? Pivnic

Hi Tom. Does that Cup Holder just sit on the Hump, or is it Screwed Down? If it just sits there, wouldn't it fly off the Hump if you do any type of Serious Off Roading? Pivnic

I used some hook & loop, the hook side, to fasten it down to the carpet. It does the job OK and holds some knick-knacks, phone etc. It might not work for a manual transmission though. If it gets in the way off-roading I throw it in the back seat.

I have been contemplating the cupholder issue for a while and looked at the maggie cup holder but didn't like the price. I almost pulled the trigger on the cup caddy then found this one, Yukon Glory. It's new but seems to have good reviews. I will either mount it to the dash or the heater plenum, as I constructed the replacement out of steel. I will provide a review here on it once I try it out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NCZP3RN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 46462View attachment 46462View attachment 46462View attachment 46462Not a great shot, the drink holder is a Rubbermaid product from Wal-mart, 5 bucks. I used the exsisting screw in the dash to fasten the drink holder. The wicker tray was 50 cents from St. Vinnies suspended with Spyder wire fishing line. Both work great. I also have a small fishing creel on the tranny hump. Sorry abought the extra photos. Best of luck. :cheers:
is that a Longaberger glove basket?

View attachment 46462View attachment 46462View attachment 46462View attachment 46462Not a great shot, the drink holder is a Rubbermaid product from Wal-mart, 5 bucks. I used the exsisting screw in the dash to fasten the drink holder. The wicker tray was 50 cents from St. Vinnies suspended with Spyder wire fishing line. Both work great. I also have a small fishing creel on the tranny hump. Sorry abought the extra photos. Best of luck. :cheers:
I love the color coded shift-knobs...

I've used these folding cup holders in other cars before, and like the way they work. The fold flat, out of the way, when not in use.
They are available from Van-Cafe (VW parts place) for $6.95.
VCFOLDINGCUPBLACK-2T.jpg

https://www.vancafe.com/VCFOLDINGCUPBLACK-p/vcfoldingcupblack.htm

Pete

I wanted one of those decals with the shift pattern, but didn't want to put a sticker on my dash. So, I attached the decal to a thin magnet and stuck that to the dash. I can move it or pull it off any time I want. Problem solved.

Pete, your folding VW one could be attached with four rare-earth magnets to great effect. That one has great future potential in my rig!

Staying with the utilitarian style of the Willys. I always buy beers with a resealable cap i.e. Mickey's....PBR quarts only...and so on. No open glassware unless truly a expert!

Attachments

• Resized_20180907_121633_4174.jpeg
    Resized_20180907_121633_4174.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 26
The seat is grey... It came out of a 1990 Dodge Dakota.. Tilt back... Reupholstered of course.

I chose this as a replacement because: It is the correct width.
It uses molded foam.......Much more comfortable on long trips.
The tilt back allows me to slide the base all the way back for max leg and belly room.
I used 2"x2" wood spacers under the seat for additional leg room.
I did NOT want head rests or a center cut out like a Toyota.

I can drive 600 highway miles in a day without cramping.

The seat was hard to find.
I just got 2005 Dodge Caravan seats for my 61 Wagon and they are great. Foldable backseat and using the passengers buckets as my front seats. Built in seatbelts and perfect size.

Attachments

• 00i0i_dOzVj71isyv_600x450.jpg
    00i0i_dOzVj71isyv_600x450.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 48
Back