USN 100 yrs

My boat was decommissioned in Feb of '93 & scrapping was completed in Feb of '94. At the time if decommissioning it had the most dives, 1002 ( and surfacings) of any of the original "41 for Freedom" SSBNs. Damn good boat!!
My last ship was the USS Kansas City AOR3, a fast replenishment oiler, it was commissioned in 1970, decommissioned In 1994, scrapped in 2013. It is really tough to watch those good ships go to the scrappers. Really makes me feel ancient!

My last ship was the USS Kansas City AOR3, a fast replenishment oiler, it was commissioned in 1970, decommissioned In 1994, scrapped in 2013. It is really tough to watch those good ships go to the scrappers. Really makes me feel ancient!
Tell me about it. My last overseas Duty station was closed down in 2005.

They changed the name of my last posting - Ft. Bragg N.C. Home of the famed 82nd Abn. because it was offensive......KMA!
Ft. Bragg, Ca. on the Ca. north coast has a movement to change it's name also. About 3 people with signs were protesting last time I was there, and I saw hundreds of signs saying "Leave it alone, we like Ft Bragg"

Back