Jul 22, 2022
Minnesota
First Name
Corey
Willys Model
  1. Other
Willys Year:
  1. 1955
I am looking for help on how to remove the steering wheel off my 1955 aero custom.

Sorry that I can't provide the help that you are looking for, but as someone that is thinking about doing the same thing myself, be sure that you can replace your old steering wheel if that is what you are thinking of doing. There seems to be a real problem with sourcing new steering wheels. I have been looking for several months and it appears that whoever was producing the ones that our normal suppliers are selling might have gone out of business. It would be a real bummer to go through all of the trouble removing the old steering wheel only to have to put it back on again!

Sorry that I can't provide the help that you are looking for, but as someone that is thinking about doing the same thing myself, be sure that you can replace your old steering wheel if that is what you are thinking of doing. There seems to be a real problem with sourcing new steering wheels. I have been looking for several months and it appears that whoever was producing the ones that our normal suppliers are selling might have gone out of business. It would be a real bummer to go through all of the trouble removing the old steering wheel only to have to put it back on again!
i am actually tuning my aero custom into a gasser, so I am pulling the factory wheel and column to be sold. since the wheel has no cracks and the chrome is in great shape.

i am actually tuning my aero custom into a gasser, so I am pulling the factory wheel and column to be sold. since the wheel has no cracks and the chrome is in great shape.
Turn the center hub "W" a bit to unclip it from the wheel, remove horn parts, loosen center nut, then a standard wheel puller will slide it right off.

Back