Sep 14, 2021
North Alabama
First Name
Spence
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1961
Obviously at this price, this will be a later on project, but I do prefer the floor pedal setup as the PO modified the setup with an XJ swing pedal, booster/master and Wilwood style clutch. I do like the mechanical advantage but this looks to be a great way to hide it all and take my CJ back to a more stock appearance.

This brand is a subsidiary of Wilwood, I imagine the quality to be good if not better than what I have.

Or for some savings, if I can verify room for clutch action to still work, I could go with this and upgrade the clutch to the Advanced Adapter chain setup.

Last edited:
FWIW I used the Speedway Universal Brake Pedal, 7 inch booster, 1 inch master cylinder assembly on my wagon. I had to modify the pedal to work comfortably but it is a clean and neat installation. It is a daily driver and has been trouble free for 12k miles. Since it is two wheel drive space was not nearly the issue you may have with four wheel drive set up. Good luck.

FWIW I used the Speedway Universal Brake Pedal, 7 inch booster, 1 inch master cylinder assembly on my wagon. I had to modify the pedal to work comfortably but it is a clean and neat installation. It is a daily driver and has been trouble free for 12k miles. Since it is two wheel drive space was not nearly the issue you may have with four wheel drive set up. Good luck.
Good feedback, thanks for the reply

I'm getting to old without a lift to crawl under the jeep to check and adjust things...I like the firewall placement. But to each his own! I changed mine to this setup in '73 and have been happy with this since...it worked well for 35 years...unless I was doing a resto i wouldn't go back either. just my opinion. I would spend my dollars on disc brakes, lockers, and things to make it more reliable/capable.

If enough is good, more is better and too much is just about right! But that's horsepower.

Progress takes a giant step backwards.

Dale Oh, and keep it clean!

Back