Removing overdrive from transfer case

What is the best way to hold back the drive tran while torquing down the drive nut on the Warn Overdrive . I have the whole unit ( trans & transfer) on a work bench. Having a clutch disc on the output shaft and strapping that or clamping in a vice would work . I recall that one could put it in two gears at the same time and lock it up. Like reverse and second or third gear not sure if this would damage the gears or syncros. Other than that like Lookout suggested having it in 4 wheel drive low range and possibly hold down one or both yokes. My main goal is to install this overdrive on the work bench and not under the vehicle. That way I can insure that the special lock plate and snap ring are installed correctly. A 100 to 120 ft pounds of torque should be easy to hold back just want to do it without damaging anything.
Just engage 2 gears at the same time.

Well I was able to hold the gears from rotating while I torqued down the overdrive drive nut. I just took and old out put flange yoke and it slipped over the main drive which goes into the clutch and put a bar thru the opening. This yoke is for a cleveland u joint which has 2 big openings for a pry bar to hold it from turning. The main drive gear has the same spline count as the out put yoke. A spline count ot 10. So success the overdrive went on easier than removing it from thr planetary gear. I think the reason for difficulty of removing is it has a vacuum seal with the oil and close tolerance between the surfaces.

Back