Bigger Hammer
Dec 4, 2020
First Name
Andrew
Willys Model
  1. Other
Willys Year:
  1. 1955
Will the rear window from an 52-54 Aero model fit a '55 Bermuda?

Thanks,
Andy

I purchased the illustrated parts book and the parts number for a rear window for '52 - 53 is different from that listed for a ''54 - 55. There is a section of parts numbers "perculiar to '54/'55 at the back of the book. Unfortunately this is way to tell what is peculiar or different, maybe its just the number and actual glass does fit both? Only one way to find out I guess, buy it and see if it fits and if not return it.

Will the rear window from an 52-54 Aero model fit a '55 Bermuda?

Thanks,
Andy
There's basically two sizes of rear windows. The small size on the cheaper models and the wider panoramic size. Panoramic style was a three piece with divider bars & gaskets until '54, then one piece for '54/'55. I suppose you could install the three piece in a '54/'55, as well as the 2 piece '52/'53 windshield if you'd rather have those. I only know of reproduction gaskets for one piece, the divider rubbers have to be pieced in if sticking with sectional glass. It's not uncommon to see a '52/'53 with a one piece windshield but I've never seen the early type glass installed in the later models. Same size holes, just never seen it done.

Mark,
Thanks for the information, the photo I have of the rear window shows it as a one piece, so its likely a '55 panoramic which should fit my Bermuda. I have the measurements for it and if they match the opening I'd have to think that it should fit. Is the one piece gasket you note as being available for the single piece windshield or is it for the rear window.

Mark,
Thanks for the information, the photo I have of the rear window shows it as a one piece, so its likely a '55 panoramic which should fit my Bermuda. I have the measurements for it and if they match the opening I'd have to think that it should fit. Is the one piece gasket you note as being available for the single piece windshield or is it for the rear window.

Front & rear glass went from front 2 piece & rear 3 piece to one piece for both in '54. Window openings stayed the same all years. Duane Hayes has both front & rear reproduction gaskets. donegoing2002@yahoo.com Check if your donor glass is clear or has the E-Z-Eye logo indicating tinted.
ps: there's an Aero facebook group too, 1,000+ members

Last edited:
Would anyone out there happen to have the glass code (NAG#) for front and rear glass on a '55 Bermuda?

I used to know the one piece windshield and small rear window numbers but have forgotten them. Glass came clear and E-Z-Eye tint. If you're lucky enough to get tint, modern Solex is a match for side glass. Glass Seekers in NY will have numbers, and has a network of used & NOS sources for vintage glass. LOF or whoever owns them now has a "classic glass" division. Used glass can be easy to break since it may have been "bruised" sometime in the past. One piece panoramic rear turns up fairly regularly, and this is the only source I know of for reproduction windshields. https://www.ebay.com/itm/276026295493?fits=Make:Willys&hash=item40447304c5:g:NAgAAOSw~qlk8lIP&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA0A0dv3s86dy54QpXGEuL4DrFHj5CPrc+lWzAcmu93zoo9SvehV+9hgCCGVVK32gHLCLprgfxBJ6c53A8yGOsmcJkAe9Od33Jb7JS08Asq6PEJkPXkc1U6eNe1yj4ipx6dLi8ZdiefDH4CRYNQMhMFZxW0PserpAh7NxQXpAYRCMoXKLeaxr8l/9dmtnmHmr5Y48bJKWt//HLbVCCRDgQlg7lu35loMWYiTajsXnREvkUzHhASysp9h70A5AXFrkH/uSdD1svf2fWyNSaYwrYJaI=|tkp:Bk9SR5qbi8GeYw

Last edited:
Reactions: JEC
Something else I just remembered. There's a guy on the Aero FB group with an aborted '55 street rod project that's now parting out the car. You could most likely find your glass with him.

Reactions: JEC
Back