NOMENCLATURE TRUCK 1/4 Ton 4x4

Hey Roy. One thing I see is the green rod is at a cross angle. Both ends should be with the cotter keys towards the frame. That said , unless it’s causing a bind or something not sure if that would be an issue. I did read there are 3 different rod lengths depending on which vehicle. From about 9 3/4”, 10 1/2” and 11+ “. If wrong it will drive the clutch cable to be wrong as that tab will be in the wrong place. The 12-2 o’clock position. Yours looks like in the 10-12 o’clock
You might find the G503 videos helpful also. Not a truck but am guessing the concept is pretty much the same.Scott has 2 different videos to cover the clutch and brake. But they are tied together so if one is off that impacts the other

Last edited:
I'm still digging into it all the while cleaning and painting and disassembling the rest of the Jeep but I still don't see what's going on. I have a 9" rod an am considering making a 6" rod with opposite pivot ends on it so it aligns up straight, If that clutch pedal is supposed to have a key in the key way then that cannot change position. I'm surprised the clutch pedal didn't slip but it was really tight on there. The brake pedal housing around the main tube for both brake and clutch pedal was really marred up so bad I welded metal back onto it and re-shaped the housing so something occurred there for sure?? Still stumped, hopefully We all can figure it out but I have a lot to do in the meantime, like free up the heat choke which entails tapping out bolts in the exhaust manifold now

Oh yeah sorry for the confusion!! This is tagged a Nomenclature Truck but its a CJ 3A with MB38A1 and several other parts on it " Fruit Salad " !!

Attachments

• IMG_9484.jpeg
    IMG_9484.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9489.jpeg
    IMG_9489.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9491.jpeg
    IMG_9491.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9495.jpeg
    IMG_9495.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9504.jpeg
    IMG_9504.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 2
I found out the key is gone on the shaft so once I get back at it I will fix the shaft and put the pedal back in its correct position, I do think if it was off it couldn't have been far off or the brake pedal wouldn't have lined up correctly???

Back