Moab 2018: 9th Annual Willys Overland Rally

This year's Moab rally was awesome! We had a record number of people attend, over 100... The check-in was a bit hectic with the large number of people, I hope to get it dialed in and more streamlined for next year (thanks for being so patient!)... The meet and greet dinner buffet was at the Red Cliffs Lodge this year, which allowed us all to hang out in the parking lot full of Willys after dinner.

The raffle this year was full of killer prizes, which Casey rounded up from about a dozen vendors who supported this year's rally.

After breakfast and the show and shine on the grass Saturday morning, we took 43 Willys on the trail ride out to Cowboy Caves, which was about a five hour round trip. We had box lunches at the caves, and split the group into two, with the smaller more adventurous group taking a more technical short cut back to the Red Cliff's Lodge. Amazingly, we only had one Willys with a breakdown.

Rick Pewe, editor of JP Magazine, attended the trail ride and evening BBQ before presiding over the fireside chat, entertaining everyone with great Jeep stories while we enjoyed smores over the fire.

Sunday we had our fill of coffee and donuts at Moab Coffee Roasters, and said farewell to those leaving town.

We are already looking forward to next year, it is so cool to see all the familiar faces and meet everyone coming for the first time.

Here's a link to this year's rally gallery, with a bunch of pictures from Friday and Saturday: http://www.willysrally.com/gallery18/gallery18.php

Also, if you were there, and want to upload your photos to the slide show, here is the link to upload pics: http://www.willysrally.com/photoupload/upload.php

I have a bunch of photos from our pre-rally camping trip and post rally trail ride too, I'll post them here when I get a chance.

Enjoy!

Pete

Rally2018-%20-%20138.jpg

What a great turn out,,,I'm sure all people enjoyed the time even if only for a couple of days,,,look forward to more stories,,,,some great vehicles,,,cheers,,,from down under,,,

Back