Oct 13, 2020
Hastings mn
First Name
Jim
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1948
Posted this on my build thread but no response.

Set #1 at TDC (see snippet below). Oil key is not at 5/11 position. My dizzy is out being rebuilt so can’t confirm with looking at rotor position.

Also checked #4 exhaust valve is open so think I have the setup. This makes me think I need to reset the oil pump

This is on a new rebuild so no issue of having any known issues just want to get it right before I reinstall the engine.

Feed back please if someone can confirm. IMG_9655.png

I followed the manual to the best of my understanding and was still off one tooth, but you won't know that for sure until you have the distributor.
1708302261730.png

I followed the manual to the best of my understanding and was still off one tooth, but you won't know that for sure until you have the distributor.
View attachment 159199
Thanks. I had forgotten about that section but had even highlighted it. So looks like you start out about 0930 but as you start pushing the pump in you rotate the gear Am guessing it might take a few attempts. Thanks Jeff IMG_9657.jpeg

Popped the oil pump loose. Rotated the shaft till it aligned with the 5/11 line and then reinserted the pump. Hard part was finding a screwdriver long enough.

Back