Tullahoma Tennessee
First Name
Gary
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
Folks,
It's almost that time of year when we are all getting next years calendars at the office. One of them will find its way to the garage but none have any Willys photos. Maybe this has already been tried but would it be possible to have some forum calendars made up with a members ride each month? Maybe the allstar members would have first shot to submit photos to the moderator to choose from and then the rest of us could fill in and be able to purchase the calendars and help the forum as well. I personally would love to have an Old Willys Forum calendar with members rides on it. Running or not, finished or not. I love em all. Any one else think this would be beneficial?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've kicked this around for a few years... I would be open to putting something together if there is enough interest.

Pete

Hi Pete, I am not sure what a calendar costs these days to have made but if it were around 10.00 each I would be in for three minimum. Maybe we could start a poll? See what the interest is.

thanks for all you do here Pete.

Pete, I think there would be a lot of interest in a Willys Calendar. Count me in! Pivnic

I think Floyd would make a great month of May photo. "Floyd at Moab" what's not to love about that. Maybe the whole gang that attended in one photo. I really need a few calendars.

My only concern with this is the short fuse on timing... Not sure we can get this together in two weeks... They might be a little bit late, into January.

I think Floyd would make a great month of May photo. "Floyd at Moab" what's not to love about that. Maybe the whole gang that attended in one photo. I really need a few calendars.

Thanks Gary, Blush, Blush... My BD is in May as well! There's a lot of Good Willys Trucks on the Forum that are Worthy of owning a month on the Forum's Willys Calendar. Let's make the Willys Calendar a Reality ASAP! Let's get some more input and an accounting of how many members would support and ORDER a Willys Calendar. I think this is a great way for the Forum to make a little money for "The Cause" Members, Post your Opinions about this and Voice if You are IN! Pivnic

My only concern with this is the short fuse on timing... Not sure we can get this together in two weeks... They might be a little bit late, into January.

Pete: What needs to be done to make this Calendar thing a Reality? My First thought maybe is if YOU make a Major Post about doing a Forum Willys Calendar and briefly discuss the Logistics involved and the Time Constraints involved, then canvas the Members as to how many will Commit to buying a Calendar. I think that the members can select enough Willys Trucks etc needed for a Calendar. I agree that this Effort will need to be Expedited to have a finished Product by Late January. Pete, Can you get Casey Involved, as I think that he may have some connections to help get this done in short order. Let me know if I can help in any way. Thanks, Pivnic

I give you permission to use a picture of my truck for the calender Pete. I would probably get one also. My B-day is in May also John.

i would say that i would be in for 1 if they was around that $10 mark . seems like something i would hang in the garage. it would be a little bit of motivation.

I think this would be pretty cool. I used to do this for my local Model A club... it's not too hard to do with all of the photo websites out there. There also usually are discounts after Christmas.

Also, if it were a low-cost (dare I say more amateur) effort, it wouldn't compete or overlap too much with the awesome glossy Norris-Banonis "Holy Toledo" calendar: http://norris-banonis.com/holy-toledo.html which goes for $21 including shipping.

Just a thought.
Glossy calendars are a pain because you can't write on them with a pencil - ink only.
We struggle with this every year when my wife buys the next year's calendar for the kitchen where we keep the entire family schedule. Most glossy calendars don't take pencil well and erasing is even worse.
Occasionally she finds a calendar she likes that's not glossy and I love it because we don't have those messy scratch-outs when an inked event gets moved or canceled.

All that is to say, if non-glossy is cheaper that can be a good thing.
I'd buy one, glossy or not.

Hold on folks, I'm all in for three or four of these calendars but I sure didn't realize we might be putting Pete on overtime thru the holidays and beyond. We can like one more year without our own calendar. Johnrb3b brings up a good point as does Auggie. We probably need to give this a little more consideration as to what is really needed in a calendar. Non glossy is usually cheaper and appears to be better suited. Auggie (like the rest of us) needs a little motivation. Maybe some works in progress, not just the finished rides would get me going. Maybe our Allstar vendors would like to advertise or maybe it's just a perk of being an allstar vendor. Some tuneup information and possibly some production numbers sprinkled in thru the catalog might be kinda neat with any special event dates like Moab, Willys Reunion and things like that. I would like to hear more input like Johnrb3b and Auggie. Sure would be a lot of time and effort went into this and only 10-15 of us bought them and then complained that they really didn't use them because they were not very well thought out. Again.... Just talking out loud.

I for one would commit to at least two of them, maybe more. I would also volunteer my trucks picture even though it isn't finished yet.

Hold on folks, I'm all in for three or four of these calendars but I sure didn't realize we might be putting Pete on overtime thru the holidays and beyond. We can like one more year without our own calendar. Johnrb3b brings up a good point as does Auggie. We probably need to give this a little more consideration as to what is really needed in a calendar. Non glossy is usually cheaper and appears to be better suited. Auggie (like the rest of us) needs a little motivation. Maybe some works in progress, not just the finished rides would get me going. Maybe our Allstar vendors would like to advertise or maybe it's just a perk of being an allstar vendor. Some tuneup information and possibly some production numbers sprinkled in thru the catalog might be kinda neat with any special event dates like Moab, Willys Reunion and things like that. I would like to hear more input like Johnrb3b and Auggie. Sure would be a lot of time and effort went into this and only 10-15 of us bought them and then complained that they really didn't use them because they were not very well thought out. Again.... Just talking out loud.

I'm with Gary on this. I think it is very unfair to drops this on Pete this time of year and expect one for 2015. I vote to look at 2016 for the first and as Gary said look at getting venders support and other Willys info if possible. I would also volunteer to help any way I could with the making of a 2016 calendar. I'm in for a couple when it happens.

Terry

I've seen other clubs do an 18 month / 1.5 year calendar. Make the first one 18 month and then the following years could be 12 month. I think it would be cool if some of the months featured in process projects. After all if they're going to be hanging in a garage what would be more appropriate, right?

EDIT: Meaning that 18 months would start in July of 2015 until December 2016 giving 6 months to put something together.

Last edited:
To All: I agree that trying to rush to get a calendar together for 2015 in this short amount of time will probably create a half-assed product. Let's get our "requirements" listed and the type of format everyone is happy with, etc, etc... The idea of maybe getting our sponsors support is a great idea and may also lower the total cost some. Let's keep this ball rolling and get as much input and ideas from as many members as we can and decide what our requirements are and costs etc.

Pete: can you maybe set up a separate Thread for the Forum's Calendar Stuff and move these "Calendar Posts" into there? Then all the Calendar Info will be in one Thread. Thanks, Pivnic

im in favor or letting pete rest and enjoy these holidays and not rush like crazy to get a calendar made. i can wait till next year. i also like the idea of having some events placed in the calendar (if the dates are known anyways)

I agree. It's worth waiting and doing right.

Pete - I'm happy to help too, if that'd be useful.

Merry Christmas all.

Back