I finally bought a FC 150- New to the forum

Welcome to OWF Steve!

The part numbers in the Forward Control Parts List for the headlight buckets show 908688 for the left one and 908682 for the right one.

If any of the folks on here has
Parts Lists for the other Willys models, they can check on interchangeability.

There's a possibly that Greg / @diggerG might have some he'd be willing to part with, as I think I recall him mentioning that he had an FC-150 that he was parting out. Maybe the tailgate. Those emblems are a little tougher to find, but there is a guy who posts on the Jeep Forward Control FC-150 FC-170 & M-series FB page, Gary Konwinski, that seems to have them occasionally.

I'm guessing that this is your new project:
(...Willits, CA -- headlight buckets, emblems and glass missing, from http://www.ewillys.com/2022/10/10/1957-fc-150-willits-ca-1850/)

View attachment 131208

View attachment 131209

View attachment 131210

View attachment 131211

Looks like a decent foundation.

Please do share lots of pictures as your project progresses!
Yup, Thats the one !!

Met the old owner, and discovered he is a Brother from another Mother. He has an eclectic stable of european and british cars.

I likely wont get started on it till springtime, Im too old to freeze my #ss off in the shop. LOL

I will get more pictures up when the snow melts.

Steve

Welcome to the group!

As the owner of another ‘57 narrow track, I would love to talk about those seats and mounts sometime! (PO tossed the mounts and seats “too rusty”. FACEPALM). I need to sort out some dimensions to get something fabricated. I am in Nevada also, but Waaay south by Lake Mead.

Again, Congrats! The narrow tracks are awesome!!

D

Welcome to the group!

As the owner of another ‘57 narrow track, I would love to talk about those seats and mounts sometime! (PO tossed the mounts and seats “too rusty”. FACEPALM). I need to sort out some dimensions to get something fabricated. I am in Nevada also, but Waaay south by Lake Mead.

Again, Congrats! The narrow tracks are awesome!!

D
Thanks for your note.

If I can help with measurements or pics, just let me know!

BTW- I'm almost certainly going to be getting new seats, so I will likely be selling the stock ones (hint hint).
Im not doing a resto, just gonna build it the way I want it. I will know more in a few months.

Steve

Hi
Grapevine says message you! I have badges (used with patina) and headlight buckets. No tailgate let me know what you need.
Welcome to the site Steve!
diggerG
I am definitely interested in the Badges!

Lemme know the price !

Hint taken!!!

I will try to catch up with you later this week to sort details :). Or PM me.

Thanks!

Duke

If this is a '57 FC, it should be a narrow track. It appears by your photo that the rear axle is wider then the front. Maybe just the photo.
It is hard to tell with the rear fenders missing, makes it look wider than it is. Yes, you can tell it's a narrow track because the rear springs are under the frame, like a CJ-5.

I bought the 150 that I found on this site, the one in Willits, California.

I hauled it back to Nevada where I live (near Carson City). Cant wait to get started on it in spring (its a bit cold here in winter).

I generally restore cars/trucks to original specs, but this time and I will be restoring it to MY specs. Nothing crazy, but Im not gonna build it to 100 point resto.

Its pretty complete, just missing a few bits (plus whatever I find missing during teardown).

Things that I KNOW are missing, and will need-
  1. FC150 Badges !! If anyone has any, please let me know....or if you have some that I could have scanned, we could all have 3D printed ones available!
  2. All the glass except quarters (I have sourced these new, thank god....lol)
  3. Headlight buckets.... can someone confirm they are the same as CJ3B?
  4. Tailgate- I imagine these are hard to find, may have to fabricate one.
Im glad to find a FC forum, I am a member of several for my other cars, so I look forward to your collective advice and friendship with you all.

Steve
It's good to try Midwest Willys for any part, such as badges. Harry and Jo Sheets are awesome people to deal with. They part out unrestorable Willys and help us restore our Jeeps. They have other parts, too. I'm pretty sure headlight buckets are interchangeable with all civilian Willys vehicles. (765) 362-2247 midwestwillys.com

I bought the 150 that I found on this site, the one in Willits, California.

I hauled it back to Nevada where I live (near Carson City). Cant wait to get started on it in spring (its a bit cold here in winter).

I generally restore cars/trucks to original specs, but this time and I will be restoring it to MY specs. Nothing crazy, but Im not gonna build it to 100 point resto.

Its pretty complete, just missing a few bits (plus whatever I find missing during teardown).

Things that I KNOW are missing, and will need-
  1. FC150 Badges !! If anyone has any, please let me know....or if you have some that I could have scanned, we could all have 3D printed ones available!
  2. All the glass except quarters (I have sourced these new, thank god....lol)
  3. Headlight buckets.... can someone confirm they are the same as CJ3B?
  4. Tailgate- I imagine these are hard to find, may have to fabricate one.
Im glad to find a FC forum, I am a member of several for my other cars, so I look forward to your collective advice and friendship with you all.

Steve
Hey Steve, congrats on the FC. Where did you find a front windshield? I am now in need of one since my tractor bucket went through mine. Thanks

Have you worked on your FC? I entered my restored FC in the Carson City down town car show on July 8. This is my 4th year. It started out with about 50 cars now it is limited to 400.

Back