Hello from Idaho - with a '62 Audio Visual panel Delivery

I'll toss a guess of Mfg August 1962 with an engine SN of 12578.

Thank you all for the insight provided. It does have the aux fuel switch by the driver door. The welds on the roof from the rack, the exhaust holes for the gen-set. Sadly, I'm not the guy it should be with to restore it to that version. But I will entertain talking to someone who is. Does anyone have a photo of this version outfitted with the military component? I'd like to see that. Here are pics of the plate.

Attachments

• IMG_20240418_055534035.jpg
    IMG_20240418_055534035.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20240418_055528058.jpg
    IMG_20240418_055528058.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20240418_055518582.jpg
    IMG_20240418_055518582.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 16
Thank you all for the insight provided. It does have the aux fuel switch by the driver door. The welds on the roof from the rack, the exhaust holes for the gen-set. Sadly, I'm not the guy it should be with to restore it to that version. But I will entertain talking to someone who is. Does anyone have a photo of this version outfitted with the military component? I'd like to see that. Here are pics of the plate.
Am I reading that right? #6 on the glove box data plate and #4 on the firewall plate? Something switched over the years?

Am I reading that right? #6 on the glove box data plate and #4 on the firewall plate? Something switched over the years?
The body indicates the observation vehicle designation. The brass plate on the glove box lid is intact but was on the floor board and not in place. Wish I knew more however the previous owner passed on after it was purchased by the guy who gave it to me. Once he got it he started trying to get it running purchasing the aluminum radiator, which still has the shipping plugs in it. I took the valve cover off to have a look. Pretty clean. Carb was just hanging unattached and pitted so it is going to have to be entirely gone through. Clutch feels good and tranny and drive train and diff. function. When I dollied her home thirty miles it was without issues and once home I've since reattached the driver seat and checked gear oils. That's where she stands this far. Thanks again to all that provided perspective. I think my grandson approves.

Attachments

• IMG_20240417_161907637_BURST001_COMP.jpg
    IMG_20240417_161907637_BURST001_COMP.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 11
It means that you can provide audio and movies in the field.
Entertainment, communications, and education.
Movies project on the roof to show movies about hygiene and how not to catch a social disease while on leave.
Probably movies on how to survive nuclear fallout. ( I was in a Civil Defense Explorer Post.)
Huge PA speakers on the roof like the Blues Mobile, and movie cameras to record events

They made a version of the AVA in the J series panel truck also.

Not the first time I've seen the Dash plate not match the serial tag.

The question is was it ever registered, and which number did they use,
Just don't have both tags on it when you take it in for inspection to get it titled/registered.

Dhav
It means that you can provide audio and movies in the field.
Entertainment, communications, and education.
Movies project on the roof to show movies about hygiene and how not to catch a social disease while on leave.
Probably movies on how to survive nuclear fallout. ( I was in a Civil Defense Explorer Post.)
Huge PA speakers on the roof like the Blues Mobile, and movie cameras to record events

They made a version of the AVA in the J series panel truck also.

Not the first time I've seen the Dash plate not match the serial tag.

The question is was it ever registered, and which number did they use,
Just don't have both tags on it when you take it in for inspection to get it titled/registered.
Have you ever seen a photo of the military version equipped as you described?

Saying you guys are wonderful is an understatement.
Yeah, we are pretty much old Willys jambalaya - expertise, helpfulness, humor, insight, good cheer, with a dash of occasional grumpiness.

You have one sweet Willys there. I wouldn't worry about the rarity of it; getting it on the road is more important in my opinion. That’s awesome your grandson is into it.

Back