Drive line price

larry2828

Bigger Hammer
Sep 23, 2012
Louisville, KY
Does anyone know what a complete 4-cylinder with OD and 55000 original miles from a 1950 2-wheel drive wagon would be worth
I am thinking about putting a V6 with automatic and an 8.8 rear end in my wagon

Depends on condition and how badly someone wants it and how far they are willing to travel. Shipping costs also play a role in what someone is willing to pay. List it in the Parts for Sale section on this forum or other forums.
It could be worth scrap value or pay for your conversion and have money left over.
If you are not in a hurry, or there is little to no interest, consider breaking the package down. If you were in Ontario Canada, I would want to see and hear it while it was still in your wagon. I would have to do that when the wife was away...

Depends on condition and how badly someone wants it and how far they are willing to travel. Shipping costs also play a role in what someone is willing to pay. List it in the Parts for Sale section on this forum or other forums.
It could be worth scrap value or pay for your conversion and have money left over.
If you are not in a hurry, or there is little to no interest, consider breaking the package down. If you were in Ontario Canada, I would want to see and hear it while it was still in your wagon. I would have to do that when the wife was away...
It's in good shape only 55000 original miles thanks for your reply
I've been doing some repair work on mine, and I found that good T-96 input shafts are few and far between. The same can be said for 4.88:1 ring and pinions. Working solenoids are money in the bank. They have value, the key is timing.
I think I have a new 4:88 ring and pinion what is ir worth

I have had a very t96 with od for sale for 500 bucks for 3 years, kind of gave up trying, also have a complete Jeepster frame with front and rear axles for 300 its still here, so its a hard sell but I am in Montana...Phil
And that says it all. If you're pretty far off the beaten track, selling anything can be tough. And if anyone would say it, Phil above would be the guy to tell you not to bank that cash before you have it.
Heck, I live with spittin distance of Disneyland but getting old Jeep parts off my hands is a tough one; usually takes way more time than I think.

The biggest thing is exposure; search the internet for places to sell Willys parts and then get your ads up. And BTW "in good shape" is very subjective. Post pics and say "runs", "bearings feel good", etc. Also look into what it would take for you to ship it as far as getting it on a pallet and on a truck. Take the time to measure and weigh it, then go from there; do you have access to Fastenal or another type of alt shipping?

Good luck!

Back