Do I have some settings wrong for this to continue wrong?

hawgcaller

Bigger Hammer
May 27, 2014
Foothills of Ouachita Mountains
First Name
Van
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
Hi guys,
I keep up with the postings on this forum. I also know that this forum is not really busy.
I open this forum every morning between 6 and 7 am each day and read all the new postings, that have turned black on their icon on the left. I then hit my recycle button on my browser until the icon turns gray to show that that the posts have been read, before moving on to another un-read post elsewhere.
Here's the rub. After I have read all the new posts and close out the forum, and go back into it later in the day,the same posts are black as if I have not read them yet.
For example, there is a post that was posted at 7:39 am today and I read it early this morning shortly after it was posted today, yet at roughly 6 pm today that same post comes up black as if it had not been read yet. I clicked on it to read it and it is one of those that has been read several times already, yet it shows to never to have been read by me yet. There are times during the day that I log in to read the posts and there are no new posts to be read, but later the same day some unread posts show up by being black. Some of them show up as unread, yet when I look at them, I read them early this morning.
What can I do to stop reading old posts this way? Oh, by the way, I always login to the forum.

Just click on the "new posts" near the top near the left side. This will show you all the new posts since you last visited.

Try a different browser, I'll bet it is a cookie issue

Sent from my iPad

I tried to reply with a simple answer but the system said that the answer was too short. My answer to your question is I am running a PC, WINDOWS 7 Professional 64bit.

I'm guessing you're using Internet Explorer try Google Chrome or Apple Safari.

Sent from my iPad

Van-

Sounds like you may have a cookie or browser issue. Some browsers handle this better than others...

Also, when you are finished reading the forum for the day, you can click on the "Forum Actions" menu at the top menu, and then "Mark Forums Read".

And, threads may appear in the list again as unread, if someone has posted again in the thread since you last viewed it.

One more item, you can set the "Thread Age Cutoff" in your Settings-->General Settings. This will force the system to only display threads of a certain age.

Pete

Back