Iran
First Name
Parsia
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1962
Hello everyone!

Thanks for accepting me as a part of this family.
I’m 32 from Tehran - Iran.

You may be surprised but yes, I already own 5 jeeps, a silver 1962, light blue 64 and a black 62 Willys Wagons and a pair of C-101 Jeepsters; a Yellow open body 68 258 swapped and a convertible beige 69.

As well as a ‘77 buick century fastback coupe, a series III Land Rover, a 1982 Chevy B10 and a W115 220 Mercedes.

I restore classics and there’s a lineup of a ‘74 C3 vette, ‘65 Mustang coupe, ‘70 Mustang fastback, ‘89 Grand waggy, three 74 and 75 Coupe Deville Cadillacs, ‘68 Chrysler Imperial hardtop and many more.

I’d happily tell you about the history of cars in Iran, so feel free to ask.

1FC7180F-4201-4367-AF9F-427954863EA6.jpeg3DBC4E9A-C096-4C5F-9E00-6F357A47425B.jpeg699756F5-5AE7-4A8E-AC55-4FBA4ED2932D.jpeg

Thanks; I really appreciate it.

And will post frequently about the history of Jeeps and maybe a bit of other in Iran if it’s okay with everyone.

You may not know but Wagoneer, CJ-5, Rambler, Gladiator, Chevy Nova, Cadillac Seville, Chevy Custom trucks and a couple more were assembled here in GM Iran and Iran Jeep Corporation.

Jeep production came with another front emblem instead of the original one as you see in photos attached.

9D68DFF7-D323-4A61-AFF8-724E21609BBE.jpeg2DB91DD9-2FF3-46AB-95ED-DA2429F90A3C.jpegFEE83155-09A5-436B-B962-3B3BC18DD562.jpeg

Yeah - the history of UK/France/Russia/U.S. in that part of the world for the last ~150 years is complex. That being said, Los Angeles is the largest city of Persians outside of Iran.
I thought it would have been Columbia University! It's amazing how global the Willys Overland corporation was.

Parsia, Welcome to the forum. I already learned a lot from your first two posts. I had no idea that there were Willys wagons around Tehran. You do have a big rust advantage over Willys owners here in the USA. I would like to see the VIN plates on the Willys so we can all learn more about foreign builds. Mamnoonam

is that 4 pointed star the jeep emblem in Iran?
If so, that’s pretty cool. Are they rare? I’d find a spot to put that on my truck!Not as
is that 4 pointed star the jeep emblem in Iran?
If so, that’s pretty cool. Are they rare? I’d find a spot to put that on my truck!
Not as rare as tue original Jeep emblem to be honest, but I can get you one and send it to you, as I already sent to a friend in Utah

Parsia, I'm curious if there is enmity toward your vehicles because they represent the USA?
Wow that’s one hell of a question
I’m glad you asked because it’s highly complicated and I hope my answer won’t seem against the forum rules.
But here’s the story, before the Islamic Revolution in 1979, many brands and citizens were in Iran like Cadillac, General Motors, Bell Helicopters, Smirnoff, BF Goodrich, Yokohama, …. (It’s gonna take me a lifetime to type all of them correctly while drunk).
But after the revolution all of them somehow drifted away in order to save their fortune or life!
That’s truly a sad story, so let’s leave it here.

About your accurate question that shows your knowledge about what’s going on out there in our cursed land; I’m gonna say no, people really love these vintage cars and we usually take the longest way home to break more necks and catch more looks and smiles; even from our policemen who are the most hated.

Parsia, Welcome to the forum. I already learned a lot from your first two posts. I had no idea that there were Willys wagons around Tehran. You do have a big rust advantage over Willys owners here in the USA. I would like to see the VIN plates on the Willys so we can all learn more about foreign builds. Mamnoonam
About 2,500 Willys jeeps were sent to Iran due to President Truman’s 4th protocol, to serve in Post, Red Cross (if I’m correct about the name), Medical services, as fire trucks, Military issues and a couple more purposes.
Like my 1962 Black Wagon and its VIN plate attached below:

B8F328A9-B8F7-4C8B-9590-A663ECBB83C5.jpegEE688938-7AC6-4416-ADA4-BDAF5C727D3C.jpeg

Yeah - the history of UK/France/Russia/U.S. in that part of the world for the last ~150 years is complex. That being said, Los Angeles is the largest city of Persians outside of Iran.
I have a couple of relatives in LA, Texas, and Chicago
And my parents lived in the US, mom in Louisiana and Dad in Miami Florida and Santa Barbara California

About 2.500 Willys jeeps were sent to Iran due to President Truman’s 4th protocol, to serve in Post, Red cross (if i’m correct about the name), Medical services, as fire trucks, Military issues and a couple more purposes.
Like my 1962 Black Wagon and it’s VIN plate attached below
Wow, now that is really interesting. I have never seen a VIN plate stamped like that.

So, what under the hood(s). Are they all stock? 230s in the wagons, or did they get repowered? They sure look great and I bet they do turn a lot of heads driving around!
I’d like to hear a little more about you jeeps, how you got them, what condition they were in, and what you’ve done to them.

Ps I just used Google, and was surprised to see jeep shops in Tehran.

Back