Chatham, LA
First Name
Tim
Willys Model
  1. Other
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
Hi guys,

My first time on a forum so hopefully this is in the right place and hopefully some of you can help. For the past 2.5 years I've had my 1960 FJ3 Postal Fleetvan being restored. The first shop was a tragic mistake as he damaged it more than it was and lost parts. The jeep has been in my family since 1974 when my grandfather bought it and began selling snow cones out of it until 1999 when he no longer was able. I'll post some pics of a write up the Alexandria times did on him. Perhaps some of you will enjoy reading and seeing the pics of the truck. Currently I need some help as the shop has hit a snag. The brake pedal was lost by the first shop and I was hoping someone had a picture of the Brake Pedal Arm and the pivoting mechanism where the brake pedal arm attaches. After looking at some pics on here it appears the mail jeep, right hand drive, had a different brake setup. I'm pretty sure it is a completely vertical action when the brake is depressed in my right hand drive fj3. If anyone has any pictures it would be much appreciated if you wouldn't mind sharing with me. Thanks!

Hi guys,

My first time on a forum so hopefully this is in the right place and hopefully some of you can help. For the past 2.5 years I've had my 1960 FJ3 Postal Fleetvan being restored. The first shop was a tragic mistake as he damaged it more than it was and lost parts. The jeep has been in my family since 1974 when my grandfather bought it and began selling snow cones out of it until 1999 when he no longer was able. I'll post some pics of a write up the Alexandria times did on him. Perhaps some of you will enjoy reading and seeing the pics of the truck. Currently I need some help as the shop has hit a snag. The brake pedal was lost by the first shop and I was hoping someone had a picture of the Brake Pedal Arm and the pivoting mechanism where the brake pedal arm attaches. After looking at some pics on here it appears the mail jeep, right hand drive, had a different brake setup. I'm pretty sure it is a completely vertical action when the brake is depressed in my right hand drive fj3. If anyone has any pictures it would be much appreciated if you wouldn't mind sharing with me. Thanks!
I can take a picture of it when I get to mine. It's not right here it at my shop in the city. I will send you some. Is this the something you got?
KIMG0035.JPGKIMG0049.JPGKIMG0036.JPG

I don't think I have a parts manual for the FJ3, but if I do, I'll try to locate parts details.

According to Bill of Materials 8025, Since yours is a 1960, it uses the same brake pedal (A-495) cross shaft etc as the CJ3A
(note E at the bottom gives the date change)1622232863721.png

This i1622233087781.pngs the page specific to FJ3A that covers brakes and controls that told me to use 8025.
This is for the Post office version. Is that what you have?

Back