15th Annual Moab Willys Rally: 5/24-5/26, 2024

mail
4/2/2024

Howdy there Willys Friends,

Update, we have 42 people registered. registration closes in just a few days. If you are going to do it, now is the time!

I sent these 2 designs out to be voted on Monday by attendees that have already signed up. Most everyone has voted and its clear that we are ALMOST split down the middle. There has to be a winner though, and the winner by a margin of only 2 votes is the red shirt by Ben Miller! (Just an FYI, I did not vote. I'm not sure I have a fave! :)

The winning shirt will be included with your paid admission in the size you selected. If you are like me and want more, or the opposing design, please click below and get your preorder in. If you cant attend and want to rock one anyway, please follow the links (click images). Take a look at the whole store.

Not sure my 49 truck will be running(work in progress). If not can I use something else on the trail runs to just hang out with everyone?

Not sure my 49 truck will be running(work in progress). If not can I use something else on the trail runs to just hang out with everyone?
You can run what you brung as long as you stay at the back and park outside of photo ops. OR ride in an open seat, we will have many and its common practice at the event.

mail
4/17/2024

Howdy there Willys Friends,
We have extended the closing of registration to the 29th of April, (or 72 people, whichever comes first) as there is a bit more time this year to order shirts than years past.

We have 50 of the sling style goodie bags below ordered, and 45 people registered so far with 26 vehicles. Everyone that registered prior to the original cutoff date will for sure get one. I do have 72 mugs on order. I want everyone to be able to get a mug, so I will cap people count to 72, but I doubt we will get there, so extras may be available at the event if you so desire. We have 100 of each sticker! Everyone will get a goodie bag of some sort. See below pics.

Follow the discussion on the event on Oldwillysforum. I have been more active on OWF lately, and there is also a separate thread in regards to 2025 there as well.

mail

mail
mail
mail
mail

Willys Rally will be held Friday May 24- Sunday May 26. at Redcliffs in Moab Utah.
Registration is open! Get signed up for a good time with us in Moab Utah. Below are some edits and additions.

1. We currently have 45 people registered. Registering sooner than later would really help me out, so please do! Registrations will close when we fill up, or by April 15th, whichever happens first.
2. We have 2 guest speaker slots this year. More on that soon as everyone confirms. Walt Mikolojacik, and a tentative commitment from the Blue Ribbon Coalitions Ben Burr.
3. If your going and you have a current CPR cert, please reach out to me. I currently have 1 but would like a back up on file for the county.
http://willysrally.com/latereg/latereg.php
Below touches on many of the questions you might have. If it doesn't answer your question, Please call me.

1. We need to limit attendance to 49 vehicles per our permit limitation. Please register and make your payment promptly so you get counted in. Incomplete or unpaid registrations will be sent to the back of the line. If you require a payment option thats not Paypal, please call me. info at bottom.
2. You will notice a price change over last year. If you attended last year, you will have expected this. Increases in cost are primarily on the catering side, with some additional costs on the permit side. If the cost is prohibitive, Please call me, I'm sure I can find someone in the group willing to sponsor a portion for you.
3. Cost to attend is $320 for adults This includes Goodie bag, Shirt, Friday evening Meal, Saturday Continental Breakfast, bag lunch, a guided trail ride, Sat evening meal, fire pit and smores on both nights, and Sunday morning continental breakfast. OR choose the Sunday option for $350 and in addition to previously listed items, get a bagged lunch for Sunday, and a guided trail ride that is a bit more challenging than Saturdays run.
4. Kiddos: Redcliffs has eliminated the lower cost option for kids meals. SO, in an effort to make it possible for you and your whole Fam to attend, I have included a less than ideal no food option for the kiddos for an $80 attendance fee. This will get them a shirt, a goodie bag and cover the trail ride fees that we pay BLM. Calm down.... (Bureau of Land Management) I need to be super clear here. If you chose this $80 option for your kiddo, You will need to feed them. Or dont..... Just please dont take food or bag lunches that you have not paid for.
5. Please call redcliffs and book your room if you have not done so yet. We had to let our block of rooms go already, but there may be some still available. discounted rates in past emails 435-259-2002
Buy shirts! Click picture. One of these will be the official event shirt. an email will be sent to all paid attendees to vote for their favorite.

As always, If you have any questions, Please feel free to call me.

Casey

This year we will be doing "3D" on Saturday. Its 20 miles to get to dirt and is a loop. there is not a good option to trailer to the trail head as we will be exiting a different way than we cam in. Please make sure your ride is ready for this.

Here is a good video I found of Saturdays trail ride "3D" and Tusher Tunnel. We will be doing it West to east so its downhill most of the way. Same as this guy did in this video. Its roughly 18 miles and will be a long one. I would like to check out Tusher tunnel if we have time, so lets try and keep them fires lit!!

Red Rock 4 wheelers trail description and link

Last edited:
This year we will be doing "3D" on Saturday. Its 20 miles to get to dirt and is a loop. there is not a good option to trailer to the trail head as we will be exiting a different way than we cam in. Please make sure your ride is ready for this.

Here is a good video I found of Saturdays trail ride "3D" and Tusher Tunnel. We will be doing it West to east so its downhill most of the way. Same as this guy did in this video. Its roughly 18 miles and will be a long one. I would like to check out Tusher tunnel if we have time, so lets try and keep them fires lit!!

Red Rock 4 wheelers trail description and link

I have a Moab trails book but don’t see the 3D trail listed. Does it have a different name? Looking forward to the adventures! Rich

My truck for sure wont be ready for that long of ride so I will bail on Saturday and Sunday ride. Maybe that frees up room for someone else.
I have a friend who lives in Moab and I mentioned he may want to come see the trucks at RedCliffs. Is that ok?

My truck for sure wont be ready for that long of ride so I will bail on Saturday and Sunday ride. Maybe that frees up room for someone else.
I have a friend who lives in Moab and I mentioned he may want to come see the trucks at RedCliffs. Is that ok?
I'm sure you can find an open seat with someone else OR, I can direct you to a few much closer, scenic spots that a normal tow truck can get to :)

Back