‘59 Willys Truck Build

Dissection of the engine proved not feasible to build. .017" taper in cylinders and spun 2 main bearings. A hunt for a cost effective motor begins. Kicking around a 4.3 as that is a free 4" clearance. Horsepower and torque is lower of course, but it is worth the consideration. Not popular with some folks, but if 100hp will spin the tires, why feed the other horses? Just food for thought. In this part of he country, a 4.3 with less than 150k miles is 300 bucks. May be another thread for that discussion.

Opted for the plain aluminum plate. I forgot how difficult #2 screws and nuts were to handle. I will have to sand clearance off of the Temp, Fuel, and Volt gauge needles as they are crazy close to the bezel. The letters and numbers were cut out on a Cricut machine, then epoxied in place.

Attachments

• 59 Willys Instrument Back 1.jpg
    59 Willys Instrument Back 1.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 59 Willys Instrument Back 2.jpg
    59 Willys Instrument Back 2.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 59 Willys Instrument Glass 1.jpg
    59 Willys Instrument Glass 1.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I see a lot of soldering in my future, but that is the cost of trying to get exactly what you want I guess. Small progress in a large process, but we will keep plugging away at it. No chance the printed circuit will plug in to anything, and the circuit board for the speedo will have to be remotely mounted

Attachments

• 59 Willys Instrument Circuit 1.jpg
    59 Willys Instrument Circuit 1.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 59 Willys Instrument Circuit 2.jpg
    59 Willys Instrument Circuit 2.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 5
Back