USN 100 yrs

Thanx to all. As a young (mebbe not so smart) Sailor I figured if it came to getting shot at; at least the bast--ds would have to find me first. The idea that the environment I was in could kill me faster didn't enter my mind ( until my first patrol). That said I enjoyed (most) of my time on the boat immensely & learned many lessons that have continued to enrich my life. And above all, it allowed me to meet the wonderful Lady who became my wife.
Bubbleheads forever! May all your dives be followed by a successful trip back to the surface!

Thanx to all. As a young (mebbe not so smart) Sailor I figured if it came to getting shot at; at least the bast--ds would have to find me first. The idea that the environment I was in could kill me faster didn't enter my mind ( until my first patrol). That said I enjoyed (most) of my time on the boat immensely & learned many lessons that have continued to enrich my life. And above all, it allowed me to meet the wonderful Lady who became my wife.
Bubbleheads forever! May all your dives be followed by a successful trip back to the surface!
I was a pipefitter on the Proteus, assigned to R1 Div. our only function was to work on the boats when they came in for upkeep and crew change. I would hate to try to guess how many feet of piping there is on a nuke. The crews were always great to work with, well educated, probably the best trained in the Navy. Really laid back mentality, at the same time dead serious about any job that was to be done. It was an adventure!

Oh, but that beautiful sound they ( Hueys ) make
Due to diversity concerns they are looking into either removing Hueys from service or converting them from the 2 bladed rotor to a 4 bladed rotor system. There are concerns that some may find the wop-wop-wop sound they currently make insulting.

Due to diversity concerns they are looking into either removing Hueys from service or converting them from the 2 bladed rotor to a 4 bladed rotor system. There are concerns that some may find the wop-wop-wop sound they currently make insulting.
They already swapped out the singles engine to a Binary system in the early 80's. So, the name Dual Huey. I guess that means they can go both ways.

Back